• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

charlotte

Where in Charlotte are you? There's a few of us around...i'm in the University Area...another is about 10 minutes towards I-77 from me, and another is almost uptown in the NODA (North Davidson) area...just to name a couple.

As far as local things....for wheelin it's pretty common to hit up Uwharrie, as it's about an hour north of Charlotte. Every now and then you'll see the guys from this portion of the SE chapter (not just Charlotte specific) make a day or weekend run to there. For hangin out, the only real meet and greet there is to go to is for the NC4x4 guys (www.nc4x4.com). It's NOT XJ specific...it's open to anything 4x4 (Toyota's, Chevy's, Ford's, etc etc)...there's not many Jeeps in the crowd that usually shows up to the meets (i'm usually one of about 2 or 3). They meet every first and third Friday at the Buffalo Wild Wings off George K. Liles Parkway in Kannapolis.

Other than that...me and the two people I mentioned try to go out and have a beer or something from time to time just to get away from everyday life, or we're usually working on one of our Jeeps. I'm trying to get a time in the next week or so for the three of us to go do that as it's been a while. I'll shoot you a PM when we come up with a day....probably next week sometime.

There use to be a fairly large XJ group in the Charlotte area. There are several in the NC area. I'm hoping to hit up URE soon. Welcome to the rat race.

URE! I love that place. I'm the one that lives in downtown area. Cant do much with the jeep right now as i need a brake line, I have no rear brakes they progressively got worse! I would love to just get a rubber line that runs from front to back but don't know where to get one. Welcome, come check out a headliner that i will be replacing soon and meet another wanna be jeeper.

URE! I love that place. I'm the one that lives in downtown area. Cant do much with the jeep right now as i need a brake line, I have no rear brakes they progressively got worse! I would love to just get a rubber line that runs from front to back but don't know where to get one. Welcome, come check out a headliner that i will be replacing soon and meet another wanna be jeeper.

What kinid of rear line do you need?

i need to replace the brake line that runs from the brake cylinder all the way back it's a metal line but i would like to make it rubber.

That is what I thought. I have one on a 91 parts pig behind myshop you could have. Catch is you have to come get it. It is a factory metal line not rubber. I would not want to put a rubber one in there.

That is what I thought. I have one on a 91 parts pig behind myshop you could have. Catch is you have to come get it. It is a factory metal line not rubber. I would not want to put a rubber one in there.

X2, go for the steel lines they last longer and doing a headliner isn't that bad i have helped do one just get the rite type of glue.

How much do you want for it if you pull it off without snapping it and i come pick it up? I have gone to pap 4 times and found a few but they all brake on disconnect at the bracket where it converts to rubber in the rear. I hate that damn line.

How much do you want for it if you pull it off without snapping it and i come pick it up? I have gone to pap 4 times and found a few but they all brake on disconnect at the bracket where it converts to rubber in the rear. I hate that damn line.

Got one on a 01 in charlotte you can come and get. Just let me know. Price is whatever it's worth to ya. Im usually home except for wednesday nights. Shoot me a PM

Got one on a 01 in charlotte you can come and get. Just let me know. Price is whatever it's worth to ya. Im usually home except for wednesday nights. Shoot me a PM

If you go this route and can't get it James let me know. I'm about 10 minutes from Chris's house and I can run and pick it up for ya (plus it gives me a good excuse to go BS with Chris :D ).

I should be back home this weekend. I can pull it for you. If you comegetit no charge. If you can get one up there though I completely understand.

oh hi from the university area. I have been working lately and haven't been able to post...But I quit my job so I'm back! Look forward to meeting you sometime.

Back