• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 lift and 33's

tnxjjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I have got a set of 33's that were given to me to put on my Jeep. I just put a 4.5 lift on my 97 and I'm wondering if anyone else has run this combo. If so, what mods did u have to do?

tnxjjeeper said:
I have got a set of 33's that were given to me to put on my Jeep. I just put a 4.5 lift on my 97 and I'm wondering if anyone else has run this combo. If so, what mods did u have to do?

search search search :wave:

You will have to do some fender trimming. You should be able to get away with just trimming the plastic and not the metal.

dellstopjeep said:
can u get away with 32 x 11.50's with no fender trimming?
Absolutely. What rims do you have though? Stock backspacing won't work for you, I'd recommend about a 4" BS

One area I had problem with 33" and +4.75" was the spot-welded seam on the top & rear of the front wheelwells. The plastic inner liner hides it, but I like to beat these flush to the well (make some relief cuts)

At full stuff, the front part (under the battery/airbox) will be the bumpstop.

OTOH my lift was with stock LCAs on an 89 with fenders trimmed/flares gone. YMMV with a 97.

Back