• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.9L Stroker

RªMB°

NAXJA Forum User
I Wanna Build A 4.9L Stroker In A Few Months. Does Anyone Have This Motor And If So How Well Do They Run?:wave:

search

As Far As I Know Most People Build 4.2-4.7L Stroker I Dont Ever Hear Or Read Alot About 4.9L Strokers. I Know There Out There And Dont Have A Damn Clue If Its Worth It Or Just Go 4.6L Stroker.:twak:

So, what's it take to build a 4.9L stroker?

I doubt anyone here has done one, I've never seen a discussion about it.

IIRC the 4.9 stroker takes a custom 3.98" offset-ground crank, SBC pistons and a whole lot of money.
OK - I lied. I actually google searched it after realizing I wasn't so sure.
The 4.5L stroker variant you can run just about perfectly stock aside from the 258 rods and crank. Why not go that route, gain a load of power and do it pretty cheap?

from what i read, the 4.9 won't last long. you have to bore it out so much that it weakens the cylinder walls. plus its super expensive to build. if you build a 4.7 stroker (4.2 crank shaft/rods/0.60 over pistons) you'll get great power. :scottm:

Back