NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old July 8th, 2003, 23:44
NAXJA Member #576

Adjustable LCA'S or not?

Im am going to order up the RE 4.5 lift this week but the place I plan to buy everything from, suggested that I also need to buy some adjustable LCA's or I will have severe DW. How true is this ?
Old July 8th, 2003, 23:47
NAXJA Forum User

Well your definately going to need a way to adjust your castor/pinion angles but I would suggest adjustable uppers!They're not only cheaper but maintain the tire/wheelwell placement!
Old July 9th, 2003, 10:10
NAXJA Forum User

buy from someone else...

RCP is correct.
Old July 9th, 2003, 13:07
NAXJA Member #576

I just talked to the local 4x4 shop again and they insist that it is the lower control arms that adjust castor and pinion angle. But I trust what you all are saying much more than them. Gonna have to keep looking, thought I found a good deal , the place is local and could get everything that I wanted without killing me on shipping.
Old July 9th, 2003, 13:34
NAXJA Forum User

Well LCA's and UCA's adjust castor and pinion angle, you need longer (not adj) LCA's to get the proper wheelbase and tire placement, use the uppers to adjust the caster and pinion angle. If they get your toe adjusted correctly and get your castor close to the stock, 7*and have your tires balance really well, DW should not be a problem.
Old July 9th, 2003, 14:53
NAXJA Member #713

Stop talking to the local guys <wink>

I'm running 6" of actual lift with fixed LCA's and stock uppers (haven't got around to installing the UCA's LOL) with no issues.

RJ Lynn (on the left is running the RE 4.5 kit with the supplied fixed LCA's and UCA's with Zero Issues.