• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April 22, anyone for a Pony Express Run from Wendover back to 5-mile?

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Only one person has expressed interest in a run from Wendover to 5-mile pass. So, I am asking if anyone is interested in a trail run on April 22nd from Wendover back to the Salt Lake City-south area. Starting time is negotiable, but I would suggest 8:30 at the latest in Wendover.

We would stop at several old Pony Express station locations and probably have lunch at the geode beds. Since much of the road can be driven at 50+ mph, the trip could be done as early as 1-2 PM.

Please let me know if you are interested. Otherwise, I don't plan on doing this run by myself.

Hmmmm... That looks like an 8-10 hour loop from Ogden, not including stops. I'm not sure my kids would survive.

What is there to do and see along the way? I'm really not familiar with the area.

Jared:patriot:

Desert and low mountains is the scenery. If you have ever driven to Wendover on I-80 it looks like that, except a dirt road. You also have some history in the ruins, or in one case, a rebuilt Pony Express Station.

Sorry, I can't do this one as my wife has my day all planned out for me. It would have been a great one to do in the free-fuel F150 though.

Jared:patriot:

It is now 8:30 PM on Friday night. There have been no "takers" on the Wendover to 5-mile pass, so I am considering this a no-go. Instead, if you want to join me I am going out to 5-mile and planning on meeting with a coworker at around 9:00 AM at the parking lot near Rattlesnake (the second big area north of the Pony Express Trail cut-off going west). Then, we'll run a couple of trails and I'll come home and replace my left rear leaf spring. My cell phone number is 8oh1-243-5one49 if you would like to join. Everyone welcome.

Back