• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leaders Needed!

156b2825b9fede4c41b49605df25c702.jpg

Thanks very much for the offer, puttzer, but the Poison Spider Mesa run on Friday has been covered. Stand by, please, and I'll post up in a few minutes an up-to-date list of runs still in need of leaders. I hope you'll be willing to lead one of them!

I guess my whining is paying off because people have really been stepping up recently and volunteering to lead runs, which is greatly appreciated!

Here is the complete up-to-the-minute list of runs that are still in need of leaders:

Dome Plateau – a moderate level run – on Wednesday, October 10;

Cliff Hanger on Thursday;

Moab Rim – likely a shortish three- or four-hour run – on Friday;

Behind the Rocks, Saturday, and;

La Sal Pass – a moderate level scenic run – also on Saturday.

Any takers?

Here is an updated list of runs for which we still need leaders:

Dome Plateau on Wednesday, October 10;

Cliff Hanger, Thursday;

Lathrop Canyon, Friday;

Behind the Rocks, Saturday, and;

La Sal Pass, also Saturday.

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated!

Cliff Hanger is covered. So that leaves just:

Dome Plateau;

Lathrop Canyon;

Behind the Rocks, and;

La Sal Pass.

We’re getting close!

That's great news! I'll do whatever I can to help what isn't covered while I'm there, but I'm certain the wife may want to take some "off-jeep" sightsees while we're there, so as of now I'm full up on official volunteering at this point in time. If my rig survives and conditions are right, I'd gladly do more, but I'm playing cautious right now.
Can't wait!
Rich (NAC VP)

BTW, have you checked to see if we're conflicting with the big 24 hr mountain bike race? Our dates have in the past, so it's a possibility. If so, it seriously conflicts with Behind the Rocks as that is also part of their route.

BTW, have you checked to see if we're conflicting with the big 24 hr mountain bike race? Our dates have in the past, so it's a possibility. If so, it seriously conflicts with Behind the Rocks as that is also part of their route.

The bike race is scheduled for the weekend before our event.

That's great news! I'll do whatever I can to help what isn't covered while I'm there, but I'm certain the wife may want to take some "off-jeep" sightsees while we're there, so as of now I'm full up on official volunteering at this point in time. If my rig survives and conditions are right, I'd gladly do more, but I'm playing cautious right now.
Can't wait!
Rich (NAC VP)

I've got you down to lead Strike Ravine on Wednesday and Hell's Revenge on Thursday. I'll keep you in mind as a possible stand-in in the unlikely event someone has to back out from leading another run on one of the other days. And, again, thank you!

We're getting down to the wire. We still need leaders for:

Lathrop Canyon on Friday;

Behind the Rocks on Saturday, and;

La Sal Pass -- a moderate level run -- also on Saturday.

I hope to finish up and post a link later today to the official run list, with staging and communications information, and all that good stuff. So stand by for that.

Meanwhile, we are still looking for leaders for Behind the Rocks and La Sal Pass, both of which runs are scheduled for Saturday, the final day of the event. If no one steps up to lead these runs we'll have to cancel them, which may be OK as that'll still leave two NAXJA-sanctioned runs to chose from on Saturday, though nothing for stock or mildly built rigs.

I hope to finish up and post a link later today to the official run list, with staging and communications information, and all that good stuff. So stand by for that.

Meanwhile, we are still looking for leaders for Behind the Rocks and La Sal Pass, both of which runs are scheduled for Saturday, the final day of the event. If no one steps up to lead these runs we'll have to cancel them, which may be OK as that'll still leave two NAXJA-sanctioned runs to chose from on Saturday, though nothing for stock or mildly built rigs.

Not super experienced at leading groups, but I did lead two groups on moderate trails at our Winterfest event this year. I ordered the Moab trail book just now. I will do my best to lead a moderate group on Saturday, if needed.

Thanks, chuck619120! Sorry for having missed this post earlier.

I'll p.m. you to confirm your availability to lead La Sal Pass on Saturday.

The member who was going to lead the Moab Rim run on Friday will not be able to attend the event due to unforeseen circumstances beyond his control. Will someone else please step forward to lead this run?

Behind the Rocks on Saturday also still needs a leader.

Thanks to all who have stepped up!

The member who was going to lead the Moab Rim run on Friday will not be able to attend the event due to unforeseen circumstances beyond his control. Will someone else please step forward to lead this run?

Behind the Rocks on Saturday also still needs a leader.

Thanks to all who have stepped up!

I have experience on Moab Rim (just up to the Rim....never run the full EJS route before). I haven't run Behind the Rocks for at least 8-9 years. How many people are on the trail?

Back