• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Requirements for Registration

We usually go with the harder the trail, the fewer the rigs to avoid exactly what you just described. No one wants that.

mac 'its a goal anyways' gyvr

lol i figured if you were used to bringing the dog it was friendly...

when i take my lab on trips he tries to tell everyone we never pet him...

mac 'we spoil em' gyvr

OK I'm in...arriving 10/8 checking out 10/14 (KOA). Since we were on the topic of dogs it might be noted that dogs are not allowed in the back country of the nat'l parks period. I have used Moab Vet in Spanish Valley for kenneling and have been very happy with them. I will use them again if it means getting on an Elephant Canyon run.

I've only been to one naxja moab event (2010) but considering going this year. Couple questions:

1. What is the anticipated number of jeeps per run (if such an estimate can be made this far in advance)? I'm not much a fan of big groups.

2. Is there a naxja policy on bringing dogs on the trails?

It will be good to see you again! Not sure if you remember me (Parker), my Dad and brother from the 2010 moab trip.

I'd say there might be a couple more rigs on the trail than the 2010 trip. That was a pretty busy year and comparing it to the 30th they tried to have as many trail offerings as possible to keep the number of rigs on a trail down. Regardless, it's a good time in a beautiful place. If you had fun in 2010 expect to have a blast this trip.

It will be good to see you again! Not sure if you remember me (Parker), my Dad and brother from the 2010 moab trip.

I'd say there might be a couple more rigs on the trail than the 2010 trip. That was a pretty busy year and comparing it to the 30th they tried to have as many trail offerings as possible to keep the number of rigs on a trail down. Regardless, it's a good time in a beautiful place. If you had fun in 2010 expect to have a blast this trip.

Hey Parker! I sure do remember you Temecula guys. See you in October.

lol i figured if you were used to bringing the dog it was friendly...

when i take my lab on trips he tries to tell everyone we never pet him...

mac 'we spoil em' gyvr

I wish I could bring my pup. He’d love the people and the camping but he’s pretty skiddish when it comes to wheeling. Tries to climb in my lap on washboards, can’t imagine what he’d try crawling

I think I'm in... My friend Arna and I plan to come out in her locked Amigo, but we probably can't leave San Diego til Weds night due to her work schedule. So we'll be there Thursday sometime, I'd imagine.

Now, if I can just get to stay in Moab for more than 20 hours this year before catching an emergency flight home... No terminally ill family members as of right now, so I'm hopeful!

Casey, you will do just fine.
Unlike here in Cali, you actually get traction on the "slickrock".

If you have not already, look up the Crown Vic wheeling Hell's Revenge and other slickrock trails.

Casey, you will do just fine.
Unlike here in Cali, you actually get traction on the "slickrock".

If you have not already, look up the Crown Vic wheeling Hell's Revenge and other slickrock trails.

Yeh I've seen that video. I know I can do the trails with my jeep, it's just the matter if the trail boss is willing to travel at the much slower pace that comes along with allowing a much smaller rig to join the group of say all 33"+ tire rigs on a hard trail.

So I know the event is a ways off but I would like to see a rough outline of rig requirements for different runs.

Basically I would like to know if I am going to be limited to the super easy runs because I won't be running a lift on my rig. I do have wheeling experience on the con and other difficult trails in the Reno area in my lifted rig but I am building this new rig as something that will teach me better lines and keep everything challenging and fun.

Build breakdown below.

99 limited
NO LIFT (bumpstopped appropriately)
235 MT
Longer front shocks with BPE and JKS adapter top
Rubicon express super flex upper and lower control arms
Stinky Fab racing Motor mounts and trans mount
Stinky Fab racing aluminum steering (Stock replacement)
Open d30 with diff cover, UCA reinforced, LCA skids
8.25 w/ Limited Slip (smoothed/ground/shaved bottom), diff cover, disc brake conversion
Frame stiffeners
2x6 rocker replacement up to door sill
aftermarket front and rear bumpers (rear cut and fold)
Rustys offroad transmission skid
Rustys offroad t-case skid
stock gas tank skid

Hopefully will have
JCR quarter guards
rustys gas tank skid
zj gas tank

I know I am the odd man out since nobody builds a cherokee with full armor and reliability items before a lift which is why I am asking this question now.

_
This thing sounds like it's a tough DD too.

I wish it was a DD. But it is nice to have something that I dont need to rely on after the weekend.

You can do many of the trails around Moab. You may want to avoid some of the obstacles, however. There are bypasses for many of them.

It will be great to see you again as well. Sandy won't be coming as she is taking a big trip out to New Mexico in September with a friend so I'll be taking a wheeling buddy with me from Michigan. It's always fun to bring folks out West that have't been there before. Hope to see you in October if all works out.
LS1XJEEP

QUOTE=Rock2pus;246572082]Whoops by me I could have sworn your screen name was ls1xj as well. It's Richie from NJ, we met at Colorado fest11, and again when you came out for nacfest! It sounds like you're coming down to the 35th, Which is great news! I can't wait to tell Carol we look forward to seeing you and (Sandy? Am I right?) again. I'll be bringing a new (old ) rig , should be interesting!
Rich[/QUOTE]

Back