• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I twin sticked my 205 and built a trackbar for my Dads Jeep.
e16fbaf4cb2e14b5b6deac15e7083044.jpg
16d923d805da7ac36d395c87cd2193ee.jpg
c4060bbbfbbcd73043c435d9b04353f5.jpg
a1663460b52422a4dbf2f13c910200a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Went to Aiken to see mom and dad. Glenn III and hsi GF and Deanna went too. Saturday pulled the carb off my dads Troy Built tiller from the 70's or 80's he could nto remember when he got it. Cleaned it up and fueled it up and it fired right up. Sunday the kids and Deanna and I hit up Old Mill Brew Pub on the way home. After Deanna and I got home she cut grass and I played with the tiller. That thing drug my ass all up and down the back of her property. Damn thing is a mule.

Well, I decided to see how difficult it would be to remove my rear leafs from this rust bucket from Pennsylvania.

Needless to say, I'm in the middle of cutting the bolts out. I worked them out a decent bit to where I think they are no longer threaded as each turn just spins the metal sleeve in the bushing. This is for all 4 bolts btw, frame side and shackle hanger.

I went through 5 reciprocating saw blades yesterday (harbor freight) and I still don't have the bolts cut. I'll buy some better blades this afternoon and hopefully will have the springs out by the weekend.

I've been having trouble airing up and down with the inner airlocks I have. I pulled one wheel/tire apart to see what was going on. Found that the PO had run a tube to route the air from the tire valve stem around the inner airlock but, when the inner airlock is inflated, it compresses the tube and seals it off so no air can flow in/out of the tire.

I called the manufacture and spoke to the owner for 10-15 minutes. He was super helpful. We talked through my wheel and tire combination, how he has best found to air the tire up/down with these particular wheels, etc. He also directed me where to find a replacement inner tube since I damaged the old one when removing. Needless to say, I was very impressed with customer service and highly recommend Inner Airlock for anyone wanting a double beadlock but doesn't want to fork over the cash for recentered H1s or true external double beadlocks.

I've been having trouble airing up and down with the inner airlocks I have. I pulled one wheel/tire apart to see what was going on. Found that the PO had run a tube to route the air from the tire valve stem around the inner airlock but, when the inner airlock is inflated, it compresses the tube and seals it off so no air can flow in/out of the tire.

I called the manufacture and spoke to the owner for 10-15 minutes. He was super helpful. We talked through my wheel and tire combination, how he has best found to air the tire up/down with these particular wheels, etc. He also directed me where to find a replacement inner tube since I damaged the old one when removing. Needless to say, I was very impressed with customer service and highly recommend Inner Airlock for anyone wanting a double beadlock but doesn't want to fork over the cash for recentered H1s or true external double beadlocks.

I've been looking into these and I know a few run them on NC4x4. What rim are you using?

I've been looking into these and I know a few run them on NC4x4. What rim are you using?

I’m running H2 wheels. I love the look of them but I don’t like that they need to be bored out to fit ford hubs. But, after being bored, they are great for an aluminum wheel with no bead protection.

I've been able to tackle a little on the XJ each night this week. All I've been able to do so far is remove the leaf springs/bolts from the drivers side and removed the shackle/bolt from the passenger side. I still need to remove the spring eye from the frame mount. Every bolt was rusted to the sleeve and has had to be cut out. If I have time tonight, I'll cut the spring eye bolt and remove, then I'll be ready to install the new springs.

I bought a Jeep on Wednesday, crushed 2 Jeeps yesterday, buying another one tomorrow.

Grab me an a pillar would ya! If you come across a 98 green cheap that is worth saving let me know.

An A-pillar? How much of an A-pillar? And I don't save them. I kill them. I'll gladly chop you out an A-pillar though.

Basically from top to bottom drivers side. I text you a picture of mine.....

I actually got a bit done this weekend. This might not look like a lot, but with two kids, I tackle what I can when I can. The leaf spring removal was very time consuming and laborious.

-Removed the last leaf spring eye bolt. (Extensive cutting of leafs and all 4 bolts.)
-Installed shackle relocation brackets.
-Installed KJ disc brake backing plate. More brake parts came in. I now have all I need to complete the disc brake swap.
-Reinstalled spider gears.

I watched a bunch of NickInTime Youtube videos on various modifications and repairs to his 1989 Cherokee. Very interesting stuff.

Finished up the install of my cromoly shafts Saturday morning. We then went to see the "Wall that Heals" Saturday and found Deanna's dads good friend's name on the wall. They have some Vietnam era vehicles out there including a Cobra. Sunday we went to the Columbia Zoo. I was impressed with how shaded it was and the zoo in general. Saw a baby giraffe and koala.

Back