• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear D44 shafts preference

Dazz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to getting some spare D44 rear shafts and was wanting to know what are you guys running for a aftermarket shafts? Dutchman, Moser, and others comes into mind, but which one is most prefer and cost?

Thanks!

I wouldn't buy moser if it was the last shaft on earth. Just from what I have seen and heard. I don't know if you know who Russ Hogan is but he has snapped like 5 of their front shafts and they were all differently hardened.
I am gonna go with custom made shafts from Wagoner Machine when I redo my fronts. Oh yeah Russ runs a buggy with D44s front and rear and 36" MTRs With a Mazda 4 cylinder engine...

from what I have heard, the Moser's flanges and yokes are NOT heat treated, just the shafts,

the majority of the failures that i have heard of on the mosers are on the flanges and yokes... go figure.

What about superior? I Have heard good things about their shafts... might try that route

I have broken an 8.8 ARB carrier, ripped open a tube, and spun a tube in the housing in two years of hard-core action.

My Dutchman shafts laughed at the abuse. I always recommend them becasue their customer service and delivery time are just as good as their product.

CRASH

CRASH said:
I have broken an 8.8 ARB carrier, ripped open a tube, and spun a tube in the housing in two years of hard-core action.

My Dutchman shafts laughed at the abuse. I always recommend them becasue their customer service and delivery time are just as good as their product.

CRASH

Sounds to me like its time for a 60:rolleyes:

Nope, the ARB is now 150% stronger than the old unit (ARB redesigned the 8.8 ARB to handle the abuse thrown at them at the drag strip by Mustang boyz).

The solution to the tube problem is a better designed traction bar that utilizes a revised upper mount.

Haven't you ever seen a spun 60 tube? They spin like everything else if you are hard on them.

CRASH

Dazz said:
I'm looking to getting some spare D44 rear shafts and was wanting to know what are you guys running for a aftermarket shafts? Dutchman, Moser, and others comes into mind, but which one is most prefer and cost?

Thanks!

I've been running Superior alloy D44 shafts for the past year. I mainly got them because they are drilled for both 5 on 4.5 and 5 on 5.5, I plan on going to 5 on 5.5 in the near furture.

Jes

Back