• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

for sale fox shocks

dirtbagXJ2103

NAXJA Forum User
i have 2 18" 2.5" smooth body shocks for sale, silver and blue. great condition i got them used and put about 5k street miles and 4 dezert trips on them. no leaks you know what they look like . $450 email text or call (760)994 5436 thanks

post a picture... im pretty sure 18's are gonna be waaaay too long for me, but im sure it would help the sale with others..

...hate to say it, but not a lot of people in the xj world are running 18" stroke shocks... you might want to post these up on RDC/DR if you havent allready.
good luck with the sale, i was ready to cancel my trip last weekend and buy these, then i saw that they were 18's and not 16's!!

post a picture... im pretty sure 18's are gonna be waaaay too long for me, but im sure it would help the sale with others..

...hate to say it, but not a lot of people in the xj world are running 18" stroke shocks... you might want to post these up on RDC/DR if you havent allready.
good luck with the sale, i was ready to cancel my trip last weekend and buy these, then i saw that they were 18's and not 16's!!
Just move your upper mounting point up 2" :D

Just move your upper mounting point up 2" :D

^^^^^^ This.

He's right, move 'em up and call it a day. Think about how much more oil / cooling you'll have. Hell you probably would never use 16's to their full stroke, but having the extra oil capacity is nice. These are nice shocks, I'm the one who sold them to him originally, and I've seen them perform out in the desert. Here's a picture of them:

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

2" or 2' ?
that picture of you're lady with the 18's is part of the reason i fear they'll be waaay too big.... ive got 12" 5100's in there now, mounted to the bedcage and spring plate lowers.... temporary...

whats the valving history? werent they originally valved for the rear of an f1 or something? what did they get revalved to? (and are they charged?)

Hahaha, you and I both know you know how to cycle your suspension. These actually don't sit all that high in Justin's Jeep if I recall correctly. Maybe he can snap a picture and throw it up on here for ya. I'm running 17" bilstein's in the rear of mine, but mine will be mounted to my cage, so it's not a worry.

i'm running stock leaves with a 3.5 add a leaf and one inch shackle, i'm hitting the stock bumps and running 12" travel. with no sway bars it handles great its solid and a lot of that is these shocks , i havent opened them they still have whatever valving was in them and they work great. and i know some jeepspeeders run 18" bodies and 14" shafts for the extra cooling like jim says. and the angle i have them from the side you cant really see them behind the c pilar. yes they are charged

Back