• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick install question about ajs superrails

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, im in the middle of installing ajs superrails on my 2001. the bottom left mounting hole on the front mount won't work because there is already a oval looking hole where i'm supposed to drill out for the frame rail mount. and because of that the self threading bolts wont be able to bite. did anybody run into this problem?? and what did you do? would it be alright and strong enough to just forget about that one mount?

thanks for any help.

I ran into the same problem...never got around to installing them, but also b/c the pinch seam mounts seemed to be off, i couldnt get the L shaped rail to line up flush with my pinch seam....there was a gap in there, about an eighth of an inch....wasnt sure what to do, so I'm still sans-rocker protection...

yeah it won't line up perfectly...i had to play around with it..jack one end of the rail up then the other until i was happy with it...and i also had to cut part of the pinch seam and bend it up so the legs of the frame rail mount could go up farther into the pinch seam so there was enough metal in the pinch seam to drill into..if that makes sense.

thanks for the responses though.

Same with me (had the oval slot where I needed to drill). In addition, on one side I drilled one of my holes off center and ended up with only two bolts that went in securely up there in front.

Still seems solid to me.

Back