• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stroker or long arms?

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
i'm wanting some opinions on which i should do. start a strocker build or RK 3 link long arms and maybe the shackle relocators. i have around $700 coming to me and trying to decide which part of the jeep should i invest it in? so i'm asking for opinions. or 3link and a used locker.

a stroker motor is going to cost you more than $700.

If you are on short arms with 5.5 lift i would say either long arms or drop brackets at least. Unless your mudding i dont think you need more power.

^X3

id build the suspension first. rock krawler 3-link is the what i plan on running in a couple months. the 4.0 IMO puts out plenty of power. with proper gears i dont think strokers are really *necessary* sure it would be fun to have, put gear it, lock it, and wheel it

X4 The rig will wheel a lot better with the after market suspension and a stock engine then it would with a stock suspension and a modified motor.

If you want a stroker, buy a thrashed block from a JY and make it a long term project.

long arms are prob. what i'm going to get. then maybe do my dodge van leafs. and if i can get a locker thats used or on sale. dont want to turn this into a pic thread but does anyone have a side view of the 3 link mounts? maybe one that shows the stock brackets cut off?

rk 3link? heres a friend of mines 5.5" deaver coils, tnt tracbar, rk 3link, 2wd mj

damn that downpipe is ugly...

Last edited:
Back