• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Countdown

uncc civilengineer

NAXJA Forum User
17 Days and counting... Who's ready to go?

I still need to go out and beat on my XJ a little before I drive it all the way to Tellico...

Also, just curious but how do you usually breakdown groups (how many vehicles per group?)

Finally, we'll be up there before dark on Thursday... and we're planning to take a night run anyone else want to tag along?

Chris

Im down for a night run thursday!

Right now my 8.25 is open and awaiting a new 456 ring and pinion:repair: ! should be done by thursday or friday! Then i have about 14 days to make sure its working properly before i drive up.... Also i might trim my rear qtr panels a little. oh and add a few spacers to my tranny skid, the front d/s is making contact with it on good droop.

Might be up for a night run just have to see...what happens?

We usually get started in the morning and divide up. Try not to get more that 6 to 8 rigs in a group.

Kudzu said:
Might be up for a night run just have to see...what happens?

We usually get started in the morning and divide up. Try not to get more that 6 to 8 rigs in a group.
What she said! Rock rails is all I have left to do. uncc when and where you doing your shakedown? Going to URE anytime soon?

Ghost,

??? I dont know maybe Uwharrie but I'm also going to PM the mud devils and see if I can beat it a little on their private playground (DPG). It's in Lexington, NC... Uwharrie is OK but I want to really test it out and Devil's PlayGround can really test it...

We've even considered heading up to Callalante (Mt. City, TN)..

Interested?

Chris

uncc civilengineer said:
Ghost,

??? I dont know maybe Uwharrie but I'm also going to PM the mud devils and see if I can beat it a little on their private playground (DPG). It's in Lexington, NC... Uwharrie is OK but I want to really test it out and Devil's PlayGround can really test it...

We've even considered heading up to Callalante (Mt. City, TN)..

Interested?

Chris
I like to run URE when shaking down a new build bc they have lots of trails to run on and can spend a day there easy and not see the same thing. I have been to DPG and know a couple of the guys there mainly Greg, Bigwoody. I need to test it out for heating issues. I was planning on URE this weekend If I get the rock rails built this week.

Ghost said:
I like to run URE when shaking down a new build bc they have lots of trails to run on and can spend a day there easy and not see the same thing. I have been to DPG and know a couple of the guys there mainly Greg, Bigwoody. I need to test it out for heating issues. I was planning on URE this weekend If I get the rock rails built this week.

Glenn,

I'd be up to meeting you down there Saturday morning.. I just have to be up to the Winston-Salem area by 3 or so for my Grandmother's B-day party....

Chris

uncc civilengineer said:
Glenn,

I'd be up to meeting you down there Saturday morning.. I just have to be up to the Winston-Salem area by 3 or so for my Grandmother's B-day party....

Chris
Well I may not get up there this weekend like I wanted. I just found out about an hour ago my parents are coming up to Aiken for the week tomorrow and if I don't take the boys over there I may not get a key to the house over there when it is done remodeling. LOL!

12 days

Well, did a little fork lift testing today and decided to cut/fold the rear quarters... With the front driver's tire at about 45-48" off the round the rear leafs were starting to arch the other way and rub...

Still need to cut more ARB but we'll see just how much after tomorrows test...

Can't wait!

just drove my XJ back home. rear 456 gears now have 10 miles on them, i hope i can break them in before my drive up.

uncc civilengineer did you happen to take a snapshot if the rear panels yet? I will probably do mine b4 the crawl.

Havent yet but i'll get some pics / video up from today tomorrow evening.

I still need to cut about 4" off the ARB up front and some of the fender... also Im going to either move my rear axle back 1/2" inch or cut a little more up front b/c it rubs a little....

6 days and I leave!

4 to 5 days for me...see how much I get done tomorrow...Exhaust on Monday...

Well I "re-cut" the jeep today and no more rubbing up front w/ the 36's...

Now I need to figure out something about brake lines... they're just a little too short.. may just go w/ it for Tellico and be careful.

Anyways, who's actually driving their beast up there like me?

I drive my junk 2.5 hr there! how are the LEDs?
pick up some YJ brake lines for a 95 they are 3-4 inches longer
LOL " drive to Tellico and be careful" did you actually read that before you hit submit

Back