• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

recomondations on winch bumper w/ recessed (lowered) mount for winch?

jmg222

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I hate to do this, because I really like the bumper on my jeep, but I need to get the winch out of the way of the rad (long post in here on my sorry overheating issues). I've seen an arb with a recessed winch mount --- any experience with that? any other recommendations?

Here's another option:
www.orsfab.com

XJ5.jpg

XJ6.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to do this, because I really like the bumper on my jeep, but I need to get the winch out of the way of the rad (long post in here on my sorry overheating issues). I've seen an arb with a recessed winch mount --- any experience with that? any other recommendations?

I have a JCR with Smittybilt h2o and no issues with temp.

Yup, that's one of my trans coolers. Needless to say, this is not an ideal location. There's certainly still some room for improvement :)

Bumper that my bud and I fabricated (he did the most) got everthing out of the way :)

Mounted Behind Plastic of Grill

Controller Remoted

Plan B

[/URL

If you are not in a rush it might be worth waiting for Boostwerks to come out with their Comp Mount. It is in development, but it should also involve steering support and should allow use of a stock bumper.

Here is a link to the Boostwerks site:

http://www.boostwerksengineering.com/

If you are not in a rush it might be worth waiting for Boostwerks to come out with their Comp Mount. It is in development, but it should also involve steering support and should allow use of a stock bumper.

Here is a link to the Boostwerks site:

http://www.boostwerksengineering.com/

I wish BW had started releasing their products about 10y ago. I love their stuff. Even had him cut me out a copy of his trackbar bracket to use with a WJ swap. I made a steering box brace about a year before his came out, or I would have definitely bought his. His stuff is quality.

Here's a vote for ORSFab. Quality work, tucks the winch nicely, and I like how you can get just the middle part, and then fab your own wings. Shipping was like $30 or something, cuz it only weighs like 30 lbs. He's a one-man operation, and I did have to wait 2 months for it, but I was pleased in the end and he threw in some free stuff to make up for the delay.

Ya I'd smash the winch and that

not likely.

I have the same bumper and the winch is really pretty protected. the winch is tucked in there pretty well and there is an angled piece that is hard to see in this photo that protects the winch.

not the most ideal spot for the trans cooler, but getting a rock up there isn't very common for the average wheeler.

Hmm maybe the pics just a bad angle then.. I haven't really looked into that bumper ever. but it's happened to me fairly often.. like backing off edges.

Now my bumper has a slight frown and the front frame horn has seen straighter days :(

Last edited:
Im picking up an ors bumper soon. Easily the highest clearence bumper on the market. Im deffinately interested in seeing the boostwerks when it comes out.

Last edited:
Back