• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring a tach, temp, and volts gauge.

mxracer5647

NAXJA Forum User
my 2000xj doesnt have any of those gauges and i was thinking about adding them. how hard is it to wire up each one? and are there any other gauges you would add before those? i have subs and ive always wanted to know how much power the amp takes off my battery

It would be easier to just pick up a instrument cluster!

Just change the instrument panel. You don't even have to change the senders as the late models use the same senders for lights/gauges, all of the wiring exists.

ok but i kinda wanted to put in a pillar pod with the 3 gauges i thought that would look pretty cool and you never see them in jeeps. at least i never have

ok but i kinda wanted to put in a pillar pod with the 3 gauges i thought that would look pretty cool and you never see them in jeeps. at least i never have

You can do that, but I would change the instrument panel and then put different gauges in the pod--vacuum, if an AW4 trans temp, etc.

X2 agreeing with Joe here, I'd swap clusters ($20 at junkyard, make sure you get one out of a 2000) and then put other gauges in the pods. A tranny temp gauge and maybe an electronic compass are things I would add (if you don't get an overhead console for the compass.)

Back