• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detroit Electrac Truetrac only $70 Dana 44, Eaton, 30 Spline 3.92 gears up

tcharon

NAXJA Forum User
Detroit Electrac Truetrac only $70 Dana 44, Eaton, 30 Spline 3.92 gears up. Cost $1000 new. This is from my front & has 7623 miles on it. Includes 2 attached bearings & matching races. It stays in limited slip mode so acts just like a Truetrac now, although it is really an Electrac model, which can switch to full locker mode by electric switching. It could be worked on and be returned to switchable mode. It doesn't make noise. Missing the wave spring that sends it from full lock to limited slip but magnetic coil that locks it shorts out the fuse so doesn’t lock now. If you can re-wind the coil or find the short & get a wave spring you should be able to return it to full action. You can leave it alone and just run it as a limited slip Truetrac, no problems. I will give you more help with install if you need. Will also sell my rear Electrac which may come out about Dec. 1, ~ same miles. Same locker but coil works fine so it locks, has wave spring but mostly does not unlock. It's like running a spool when it's hot, does unlock when cools down. When hot also chucks on pavement like it's catching. I think needs a stronger wave spring and it may be fine, lock & limited slip. This ad is for the front but ask me about the rear if interested. $70 US or equal CAD + shipping & $10 to box & take to your shipper. You check shipping cost from 59917 Eureka or V0B 1M0 Fernie, BC, commercial or less expensive USPS, 31 pounds boxed, 9 x 9 x 9”, or you can come get it for free in Eureka, MT or Fernie, BC. Ask any questions. Tom
JpartElectracF.jpg

This is actually the 3rd generation of this locker and has the coil mounted inside the diff on the carrier so there is no fork & no adjusting to do as was the problem with the earlier models which had the activator mounted outside on a special diff cover. With this you can use any diff cover you want. I still have it and no one has paid me yet. My PayPal is [email protected].

I have new, untouched wireing harnesses w/ switches for both lockers.

Detroit Electrac Truetrac only $70 Dana 44, Eaton, 30 Spline 3.92 gears up. Cost $1000 new. I will not have it out and ready to ship till about Dec. 1, but if you want to grab it now, you can be the first to pay me, and it's yours. Sold my front and lots of interest, about same problems. This is from my rear & has 9257 miles on it. Includes 2 attached bearings & matching races. It stays in locked mode when it gets warmed up so acts like a Detroit Locker now, although it is really an Electrac model, which can switch to full locker mode by electric switching & back to limited slip. It could be worked on and be returned to switchable mode. The wave spring that sends it from full lock to limited slip is not strong enough to slide the coil over to limited mode. If you get a wave spring from a tranny shop you should be able to return it to full action. You can leave it alone and just run it as a Detroit Locker, no problems. This is actually the 3rd generation of this locker and has the coil mounted inside the diff on the carrier so there is no fork & no adjusting to do as was the problem with the earlier models which had the activator mounted outside on a special diff cover. I have new, untouched wireing harness w/ switch that goes with it. Eaton Detroit does not support this locker any more so you can't count on them for every part. My PayPal is [email protected]. I will give you more help with install if you need. It's like running a spool when it's hot, does unlock when cools down. When hot also chucks on pavement like it's catching. I think needs a stronger wave spring and it may be fine, lock & limited slip. $70 US or equal CAD + shipping & $10 to box & take to your shipper. You check shipping cost from 59917 Eureka or V0B 1M0 Fernie, BC, commercial or less expensive USPS, 33 pounds boxed, 9 x 9 x 9”, or you can come get it for free in Eureka, MT or Fernie, BC. Ask any questions. Best if you give me your phone # & best times & I'll call. Tom
JpartElectracF.jpg

Both are sold now, thanks for looking guys. Can't find a way to delete this.

Back