• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SNOW...again!

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
Rained all day, and now it is snowing!! We got close to 6" in some areas but more like 4" around most of town. This stuff is really wet too, and it is amazing how people dont seem to understand that they cant stomp on the throttle and go. They also dont seem to understand that it takes longer to stop and that pedestrians become fair game when they step a few feet from a vehicle in crappy conditions.

What kind of snow fall are you getting in UT and CO?

Fergie

I've had almost nothing here, except for some dustings that didn't really fall below 8000ft. I only speak for the lower altitudes.

Fergie said:
Rained all day, and now it is snowing!! We got close to 6" in some areas but more like 4" around most of town. This stuff is really wet too, and it is amazing how people dont seem to understand that they cant stomp on the throttle and go. They also dont seem to understand that it takes longer to stop and that pedestrians become fair game when they step a few feet from a vehicle in crappy conditions.
Here in SoCal it only rained but it seems that the more expensive and heavier the vehicle driven was the faster it moved. When I asked one guy that I know what he speeds through rain his reply was that he has the super duper brake control and traction system which allows him the best control over the vehicle and he can still stop on a dime no matter what the road conditions are :rolleyes: Damn advertising campaigns. People actually believe the "vehicle evading falling logs on an icy road at 45mph" ads.

Fergie said:
What kind of snow fall are you getting in UT and CO?
None. No frost yet, even. However...the mountains are getting slammed, and A-Basin and Loveland are already open!!
:party:

Yeah, try having a bunch of college student sthat are from CA and Phoenix try and drive. It is fun to find a good vantage point and watch people try and stop oon the hills on campus, and even better when the try to get going again.

I'm hoping they cancel all the classes after 4pm like usual. That way I dont have to take my contract negotiation mid-term.

Man, Flag is gonna be packed with Phoenicians this weekend, we can never get away from them!

Fergie

102604_Full.jpg

Photo from the Bird yesterday........Brighton Resort opens tomorrow, appox. 6ft has fallen on the Wasatch in the last 3 weeks......

hmmm I'm from St. louis too and I love it... I wish that it would snow more like it used to. I'm just sick of the Ice and rain mix that we get every year lately...

I get depressed when I see that its snowing in Arizona. My withdrawl symptoms just got a whole lot worse. I've been riding my snowboard in my dorm room I'm so desperate.

Dean

DrMoab said:
woke up this morning...went to turn the tv on and no sat signal. Yup snow on the dish.
How much ya get?

I got the fun of dealing with frozen doors and locks this morning. Luckliy I keep my de-icer in the apartment and a couple of spray from that and it was all good. That and the fact that I have de-icing window washer fluid. That stuff is great.

Coming down one of the hills in town this morning, the sun was shining just right and caught the glare of snow across the whole city, man what a sight to behold!

Fergie

Fergie said:
How much ya get?

I got the fun of dealing with frozen doors and locks this morning. Luckliy I keep my de-icer in the apartment and a couple of spray from that and it was all good. That and the fact that I have de-icing window washer fluid. That stuff is great.

Coming down one of the hills in town this morning, the sun was shining just right and caught the glare of snow across the whole city, man what a sight to behold!

Fergie
Not much.....yet. Just a skiff but its like half snow half frozen sleet.

The worst snow storm I have ever been in was in Flagstaff. It was in the 80's in Phoenix.

Did you ever get that xfer case working so you can get around in that stuff?

old_man said:
The worst snow storm I have ever been in was in Flagstaff. It was in the 80's in Phoenix.
That one last March was pretty cool...
mar19_004a.jpg

Yup, those are cars...:D

old_man said:

Did you ever get that xfer case working so you can get around in that stuff?
Going on about 6 years now was the last time we had a real bad storm. School was cancelled for a week, and no one was on the streets the first day. Close to 5 feet fell over night and during the day.

As to the t-case....NO!! I had to special order the freakin snap ring and the tards at the dealership arent being very helpful, and no place in town carries a snapring that big, even the industrial and bearing supply joints.

Fergie

Back