• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April 16th TSF SHAKEDOWN RUN

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Had a pretty good time. Toasted my steering box. Took it back to rogers. Met back up with the group at fb5. Ran it owned it. Rod had issues and split. So the four remaning rigs continued on. We headed up the road trying to get to 7up and saddle up. Met with the grand krawlers where 7 road and c line meet. They headed back down cause they couldn't handle deep snow. We pushed on.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Aaron have you ever gone on a run without a mechanical failure?!

We can handle snow just fine. Shouldnt talk crap cause I saw you guys stuck 100 yards up the road and you guys came right back down too. We dont ditch then guys that cant do it plus we went there to run trails not play in the snow. if i wanted snow i would have just stayed close to home for that.

We can handle snow just fine. Shouldnt talk crap cause I saw you guys stuck 100 yards up the road and you guys came right back down too. We dont ditch then guys that cant do it plus we went there to run trails not play in the snow. if i wanted snow i would have just stayed close to home for that.

Nope..... 2 of our rigs hand some where to be so THEY TURNED AROUND. The red xj and white xj plowed the road. Most of wich got plowed by an open front with ats xj. Then we ran hogs back and atempted mini rubi. And ran rocky up hill and hit all of powerline trail on the way back to rogers. I'm not talking shit I'm just saying. We get what was going on. Its cool just a little friendly rubbing. Between xjs and zjs.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Aaron have you ever gone on a run without a mechanical failure?!

Yes.... you know that little section between rogers and the stop sign. There! No really out of four trips to tsf I'm running at about 50/50 2 trips no break down 2 with.

Nope..... 2 of our rigs hand some where to be so THEY TURNED AROUND. The red xj and white xj plowed the road. Most of wich got plowed by an open front with ats xj. Then we ran hogs back and atempted mini rudi. And rocky up hill and hit all of powerline trail on the way back to rogers. I'm not talking shit I'm just saying. We get what was going on. Its cool just a little friendly rubbing. Between xjs and zjs.

Oh ya I know, I love XJ's and thats what I started with when I got into wheelin. but I tried a ZJ and love the room on the inside and its a lot nicer for my kid. Also love the V8.

Most of us wanted to hit that lower road but the ranger lost his brakes and one of the ZJ's was to small to go.

We split the group and ran the end of power line to mini rubicon and went over to rocky up hill, can opener, waterfall and the rest of the trails that were in that line.

Only damage for me was a bent rear controll arm.

Oh ya you call tell the owner of that ranger that when we left rogers at 830 his rig was still in tact and didn't look messed with.

Its cool as long as its a jeep its all good.

player.swf%22%20flashvars=%22file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1204.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb413%2FAaron_Barnes09%2Fvideo-2011-04-16-15-53-07.mp4%22%3E
Here is a pic and vid link. Its all I got
Aaron_Barnes09
Aaron_Barnes09

(Click the pic) ^

2011-04-16145816.jpg

Aaron_Barnes09
Aaron_Barnes09

Oops... I was trying to remember how to insert the thumbnail video links and guess I forgot to delet the wrong ones.

Had a pretty good time. Toasted my steering box. Took it back to rogers. Met back up with the group at fb5. Ran it owned it. Rod had issues and split. So the four remaning rigs continued on. We headed up the road trying to get to 7up and saddle up. Met with the grand krawlers where 7 road and c line meet. They headed back down cause they couldn't handle deep snow. We pushed on.
Deep snow, didn't notice much of that. Deep snow to me means its coming over your hood, not dragging on the bottom of your axle..... Not talking shit but we turned around because we got tired of going 3mph all day and stopping all the time. We came to wheel and we just got bored. We turned around and hit whatever trails we found on the way back to the highway.

Yah its cool. Like aaron said just some friendly rubbing Between xjs and zjs.

Thats another reason we turned around is we didnt want to spend all day just trying to get down a road. Came to run trails not play in the snow. I would have stayed close to home if I wanted to do that. The only real snow was up by 7-up and Saddle up. The rest of tsf was great.

Is there a faster way to post pics than photobucket? I could post some but photobucket takes forever! A tree fell on the power and phone lines by my house and since they repaired it my internet is pathetic for already slow DSL..

on a side note. Saddle up trail has been cut into by the loggers for rock for their roads and the back side of hogs back had a logging feller in the trail and the front side trail goes up a ways then dead ends where the loggers have cut a new road and massive tank trap. Oh and the end of archers is gone. another new cut logging road has taken out the last section. its not even recognizable now. we completely missed the entrance then realized we were on a road that should have been archers at a couple on points.

Is there a faster way to post pics than photobucket? I could post some but photobucket takes forever! A tree fell on the power and phone lines by my house and since they repaired it my internet is pathetic for already slow DSL..

You should look into wave it's fast for what you pay. I pay like 34.99 for 10mbps down.

Dave

Now back on track sorry

Hey I think I know where that's at. Right across the street from the old dougers place right in Compton close to the fire station/post office?

Dave

Back