• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The other rapture run

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Well God didnt take Me, torx, goblazers_6, and bigpimpinben (driving his girlfriends jeep because he doesnt have anything to wheel and hes a loser) with him saturday so we decided to have a rapture run of are own. We met gluentape up there and camped saturday night and then wheeled sunday but I will let Darren tell it all in a real trip report since it was his run. Heres some teaser shots:

shotgunning
IMG_7827.jpg

and more shotgunning
IMG_7837.jpg

Ben cant handle his booze as usual
IMG_7842.jpg

IMG_7844.jpg

Everyone is happy here tonight except my drunk angry wife.
IMG_7854.jpg

the stocker doing impressive
IMG_7879.jpg

torx WINNING!
IMG_7899.jpg

IMG_8023.jpg

stuck stocker
IMG_7921.jpg

goblazers_6 WINNING
IMG_8116.jpg

IMG_7887.jpg

Dellstopjeep failed miserably
IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_8078.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

Learned my lsd does nothing in the back so time for a real locker before nwfest. Destroyed passenger rear drum brakes.... literally. Pinched off rear brakeline for limp home.

Great way to open a trip report; shotgunning, and more shotgunning. I love the pic of Ben passed out/puking lying on the log, "bigpimpin" threw up for over an hour by the way.

I'm glad the rapture didn't happen because I had a great time. Didn't get many pic though.

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

Eric's catastrophic break of the day:
IMG_0657.jpg

We covered a ton of ground!

Ben bombing up Hogsback with an audience up top. At one point the rear tire was two feet off the ground, and he was throwing 15ft rooster tails of rocks/mud. Nonetheless, Pimplessben conquered Hogsback.
IMG_0006.jpg

The second section had some decent snow pack still lingering around. It added a bit of a challenge to the normal trail. The stocker got stuck on a few drifts, and I somehow got Jeepforceone buried. Thankfully my best bud was behind me to give me a tug back. Thanks Ben!
IMG_0008.jpg

Also, FYI they logged the hell out of the backside of Hogsback.

From there we continued on down Archers. We bypassed Rocky Uphill to go run it in the up hill direction. The bypass is slowly maturing into a decent trail, and brings out the pucker factor on a few spots.

Ben and Whitney abandoned the stocker at the bottom, and the rode with Darren and I up Rocky Uphill. As usual the clay based soil was unforgiving, and my one third tread bologna skin tires were barely cutting it. I did make it up under my own power though. ;)

Dellstopjeep was extremely let down by the Red Mustache Ride's performance. Although, his new WARN winch pulled like a champ.
IMG_0010.jpg

Goblazers underscore six, never dropped below 17mph.
IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

From there we ran the rest of the trail to the top. That's where Eric discovered he broke his brakes. We assessed the situation, and came up with a trail fix to get him home. Luckily he didn't somersault his Jeep on the drive home.

It was a good time.

I'm going crazy seeing all this wheeling going on I need to get this rerebuild done so I can get out there. Nice pics looks like a good time.

Had to add more photos.
This is proof I was not an angry drunk, I was really happy! :) well not as happy as Ben looks!
IMG_7832.jpg

Goblazers_6
IMG_7889.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

Torx
IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7902.jpg

The Stocker
IMG_7883.jpg

IMG_7884.jpg

Dellstopjeep
IMG_7971-1.jpg

IMG_7984.jpg

Fun time camping and wheeling! Can't wait for the next trip...when dellstopjeeps jeep gets fixed.

Back