• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

enclosed filter

chadc

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to find a self enclosed air filter, besides the factory one. I'm gonna use it to make the arb snorkel more effiecent and less of a pain in the ass. I heard there are self enclosed cone style filters, the guy I was talking to said for a honda civic from "ractive" There web sight shows nothing close to what I'm looking for. Any body out there have any ideas? it would be much appreciated.
thanks guys
chadc

Not poo-pooing your idea, but why? Just wondering why you would want to go through the expense and hassle. As far as I know, there is nothing on the market like that for the 4.0. I'm pretty sure there never will be. You could keep the factory box, throw in a K&N (or fave. brand) drop-in panel filter, and modify the box for colder, more direct air. Check do it yourself Dino's site for info if you wanna go that route. I like that. DIY Dino. Haha.

check DPG off road's website, they did sometning like that if I remember correctly. John

I'm using the exact filter your refering to its made by ractive and has a shield around the cone and has a 4in round opening to hook you snorkel to. Alo of speed shops carrie these as well as circut city (i know but they do have them)

i think that DPG does not sell that he just tells you who does and it costs a lot of money.

james from Jeepers and Creepers.com makes a filter set up like you want. i dont know if he sells it though or if it was just for his own jeep. it looks good. maybe he can tell you how to make it.

or you can do like i did. just put a k&n filter directly on top of your snorkle with a 90deg 2.5" pvc elbow and cover it with a water resistant mesh sock. jack

I'm looking for soemthign similar. What I want it for is to relocate the battery to the drivers side, to throw an OBA compressor next to the AC. Currently where teh battery sits, the stock Airbox just doesn't give me enough room to do this. Major suckage...

Airaid is developing a " quick-fit " filter system for the OEM filter box, you just remove the filter box lid and install theirs that has a heat sheild that seals against the hood and uses a cone filter, it snaps into place with the OEM clips then you can modify your box in front for more air induction. They told me it should be available in February.
Good luck, AZGOLDXJ.

Back