• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Head Offroad (THOR) Cowl Induction Cold Air Intake

For 200 clams? I would rather take a trip to Lowes and make my own for 50 if its even that much to make one. But does it come with stickers? That could change some peoples opinions.

Might have to check Lowes out, but I need to learn metal fab and all that junk too.

im in the process of building a 2 inch PVC snorkle. bought everything for like 40 bucks. If you have a nice jeep, get this one. If you have a beater, build your own.

Looks like a good idea, and a good product, to me. If it doesn't have smog stickers it won't work for a lot of people, like here in CA.

For 200 clams? I would rather take a trip to Lowes and make my own for 50 if its even that much to make one. But does it come with stickers? That could change some peoples opinions.

Man it is purty! I would rather piece one together for sure though!

I'm happy with it. I'm thinking of running the PCV into a catch bottle since i have a high miler and a little smoke every now and again.

I don't have pictures because I dont have a photobucket account. If you really want to see some PM me an email address and I will send them direct.

When you get it could you post up some pictures of the kit with some measurements of the filter what not.

I had posted this on my local forum (Maine 4x4) asking what others had for an opinion on it. I have found out I can't afford it right now so it'll probably be the cheap way for me if I go cowl intake, but another guy in the club ended up getting one and it seems like it works really well and it give a good clean look under the hood with great functionality.

The filter area is covered, the open vent is on the driver side. I live in one of the wettest places around and haven't any issues. If i'm not mistaken the THOR guys are NW folk too.

Does that require any cutting (namely the firewall) or is it entirely bolt-on? That's almost exactly what I've been pondering/looking for as a snorkel solution (I have no interest in having one run up my A-pillar, as I don't ever anticipate fording water crossings that deep).

Back