• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ radiator woes

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
My 1998 4.0L Grand is having radiator issues again.

I have swapped out two O’Reilly’s units in the last few years. And it’s leaking again.....ugh. Both have leaks where the tank meets the core.

So what works for you guys? I see no copper/brass units. I see the crappy plastic tank/aluminum core junk. I found a Griffin all aluminum but they are really expensive.

Any other options out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran a tyc one in my XJ for years. Just got it off rock auto.

You could look for a mopar they will still be aluminum and plastic but better built.

All Aluminum ones are just crazy expensive and I just have that much faith in them.

I used one from Napa about 8 years ago no leaks so far they have changed brands now though.

The Mopar unit is $240 from RockAuto. A CSF or Spectra (I think this is the same as the O’Reiily’s) is about $81. I just like to swap this one last time. If the Mopar one is that much better, I’d be interested in trying it. But I’m scared it won’t be much better and cost more.

Last edited:
O’Reilly’s says it’s under warranty so it looks like I’ll be installing another Murray radiator. I’d like something better but what can you do? Most people say they are all the same anyways.

Back