• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do when you get to Moab.

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Upon arriving in Moab, you will want to register ASAP for daily trail runs by getting yourself over to Slickrock Campground, which is NAXJA Headquarters for this event. Event Registration will take place at Slickrock Campground (Cabin 2) from 7:30 AM to 8:15 AM each morning and from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM each evening, but will move to Swanney Park for the Show & Shine on Thursday evening, as well as to Grand Center for the Raffle Dinner on Friday evening. We urge all attendee's to please register/tech inspect and sign up for trail runs in the evenings if possible, to avoid congestion in the mornings.

Registration consists of filling out liability waivers, vehicle Tech Inspection, and picking up pre-ordered t-shirts and dinner tickets. Vehicles must pass the Tech Inspection. Any vehicles not meeting the safety requirements will not be allowed on scheduled event trail rides. We will make some exceptions regarding spare tires if appropriate.

You will find trail schedules, signup sheets, and trail run staging area maps onsite. Review the trail schedule, pick your trails and sign up as soon as possible, as runs will be limited to 20 rigs per run, per Bureau of Land Management regulations. (Pritchett Canyon is limited to 10 rigs) Trail registration will take place on a first come, first served basis. To comply with BLM Event Trail Use regulations, we will be required to collect $5.00 per vehicle per run at the time of trail registration. Friday and Saturday trail runs are paid for by the Event.

It is our goal to make this the best NAXJA event to date and we attempt to consider everyone's individual situations as we plan. We are constantly improving and changing as we grow and appreciate the support of all event attendees, both NAXJA members and non-members alike. We want this to be a memorable, historic and safe event for all involved and look forward to more NAXJA sponsored events in the future. Thanks for your cooperation.........and we'll see you on the trail.

Can we download the liability waiver form and pre-populate as much as possible in advance? Might keep things flowing at the registration desk.

Rob

Toss it up in .pdf format. If need it converted, shoot a copy to me and I'll send it back in .pdf.

No one around here has any more time to do anything. I appreciate the thought. If Remi has time to do it, since he's not coming to Moab now, that's fine. I know it could save a couple minutes at the reg table, but that's the least of my worries right now. :)

Thanks, Great info, But what day does reg start?

Review the trail schedule, pick your trails and sign up as soon as possible, as runs will be limited to 20 rigs per run, per Bureau of Land Management regulations. (Pritchett Canyon is limited to 10 rigs) Trail registration will take place on a first come, first served basis.

120 rigs registered so far....5 trails a day....only 20 vehicles a trail.

Yeah this is going to work out well. :D

I know that the general tech requirements are in the bylaws, but will there be basic requirements to run certain trails? Or leader's discretion?

As registration is on a first come, first served basis and there are likely to be more rigs turn up than the BLM regulations permit for organized trails, will there be a problem if some of us go off and do our own choice of trails? There are a few trails that I would like to do this trip that are not on the schedule that I'm happy enough to go off on my own with a small group.

I would rather give up my place on a scheduled trail run to someone else that hasn't been to Moab before if there's no problem doing our own thing.

As registration is on a first come, first served basis and there are likely to be more rigs turn up than the BLM regulations permit for organized trails, will there be a problem if some of us go off and do our own choice of trails? There are a few trails that I would like to do this trip that are not on the schedule that I'm happy enough to go off on my own with a small group.

I would rather give up my place on a scheduled trail run to someone else that hasn't been to Moab before if there's no problem doing our own thing.

In a nutshell, doing your own thing in small groups on an unofficial basis shouldn't be a problem Vince. Only official events and/or large groups are regulated. But just like in 03 when the trails filled up later in the week - they quickly added more runs to accomodate the demand wich worked out, and it sounds like Jeff has that all set up with backup trail leaders and everything this time based on that experience, so not to worry either way.

Can we download the liability waiver form and pre-populate as much as possible in advance? Might keep things flowing at the registration desk.

Rob

I can post up the pdf of the liabilty doc, but won't be until Thursday when I get back home.
I don't have the file on my laptop

You can run any trail that you want, on a scheduled run or on your own with a few friends. We will add runs as needed, but because we know not everyone will run a scheduled run every day, it's impossible to predict how the runs will fill up. Some folks will hang around town, some folks will go sightseeing to Arches or Canyonlands, or take a drive to the LaSal Mtns. We don't anticipate it being a problem to make sure everyone has something to run.

Below is a copy of the Liability Waiver, If you have a chance to fill it out and have it when you arrive for registration it should save a bit o' time.

Thanks... See you all in Moab

Attachments

• NAXJA - Wavier.pdf
    69.1 KB · Views: 50
Below is a copy of the Liability Waiver, If you have a chance to fill it out and have it when you arrive for registration it should save a bit o' time.

Thanks... See you all in Moab

I was expecting something massively complicated... this is easy!

Back