• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab Schedule of Events

Brendan_91XJ

NAXJA Member #1163
Times may vary slightly, but here is a copy of the schedule up to this point. Copies will be provided at Registraion, along with locations for the Show and Shine, and the Raffle Dinner.

NAXJA

Cherokee XJ 25th Anniversary Celebration

Schedule of Events

Registration will be mainly at Slickrock campground (Cabin 2) but will move for the Show & Shine as well as the Raffle Dinner. Registration consists of registering your XJ, filling out liability waivers, tech inspection, pick-up pre-ordered t-shirts, dinner tickets, and the Raffle!!

Monday:
3:00pm – 9:00pm Registration Opens, Slickrock Campground in front of the cabins

Tuesday:
7:30am – 8:15am Registration & Trail sign-ups (Slickrock)
8:30am – Trail Leaders pick up Trail Lists
9:00am – Trails
5:00pm – 9:00pm Registration, Ticket Sales (Slickrock)
6:30pm – Hospitality Night, food and drinks (IC) (Slickrock)

Wednesday:
5:00pm – 9:00pm Registration, Ticket Sales (Slickrock)

Thursday:
5:00pm – 9:00pm Registration, Ticket Sales (Swaney City Park)

5:00pm – Show & Shine, food provided by CRAWL Magazine

Friday:
7:30am – 8:15am Trail sign-ups (Slickrock)
9:00 – Trails
5:00pm – 7:30pm Dinner Tickets, Raffle Tickets Sales (Grand Center)
6:30pm – Dinner & Program (So Cal) (Grand Center)

Saturday:
7:30am – 8:15am Trail sign-ups (Slickrock)
5:00pm Purchase Dinner tickets (Slickrock)
7:00pm Wrap-up Dinner (Slickrock)

Last edited by a moderator:
When you get to Moab, please come to the regsitration table to register and get signed up for trails as soon as you can. Some trails are going to fill up fast.

If you want to wheel with friends on a particular trail, and you know for sure that they will run that trail that day, you can put their name on the trail sign up list. We will need to collect $5 per vehicle for each trail you sign up to run on Tues, Wed, and Thurs, paid when you sign up, including anyone else you sign up. This money gets paid directly to the BLM, and they get a copy of our trail sign up lists. So, you can add your name to the trail list only when you pay the $5. The trail fees for Fri and Sat will be paid by the event, you do not have to pay for Fri and Sat trails.

For those who have been to Moab before, we do not pay the $5 at the Sand Flats entry gate IF you are on a scheduled run. That is included in the BLM fee, and the trail leader will show a copy of our permit at the gate.

See you all in Moab, and remember to keep the rubber side down.

For those who have been to Moab before, we do not pay the $5 at the Sand Flats entry gate IF you are on a scheduled run. That is included in the BLM fee, and the trail leader will show a copy of our permit at the gate.

This isn't the way it has been in the years past. The last few years we have had to pay at the gate but then we didn't charge for the trail. Has this changed for this year?

This isn't the way it has been in the years past. The last few years we have had to pay at the gate but then we didn't charge for the trail. Has this changed for this year?

Yes.

Why do you think I posted it......for those who have been there before.

We really need flipoffsmileys. :D

How are the NPS fees going to be paid for Elephant Hill and Lathrop Canyon? I'm not sure what route Randy is using to exit Klondike Bluffs but I usually finish by going out through Arches NP.

One more thing- most trails leave at 8 or 8:30am. Can you change the scheduled items, "Trails" and "Trail leaders pick up Trail Lists" to reflect these times? Thanks!

This stuff is posted as a courtesy. The event schedule and trail schedule will be given at the time of registration.

Most likely, folks will need to handle any required Park fees.

This stuff is posted as a courtesy. The event schedule and trail schedule will be given at the time of registration.

Most likely, folks will need to handle any required Park fees.
Why not post an accurate schedule as a courtesy? It would also be courteous to mention that along with the $5 BLM fees drivers need to pay for a run they will also be on the hook for a $10 NPS fee on certain trails. Some people are going to arrive in the dark of night desiring to run a trail the very next morning and this thread may be what they are using to guide them to the right place at the right time. :)

Why not post an accurate schedule as a courtesy? It would also be courteous to mention that along with the $5 BLM fees drivers need to pay for a run they will also be on the hook for a $10 NPS fee on certain trails. Some people are going to arrive in the dark of night desiring to run a trail the very next morning and this thread may be what they are using to guide them to the right place at the right time. :)

Can't happen, Alex. They need to sign up to get registered and inspected, and to get the map of trail staging locations, and to pay the $5 BLM trail fee. Trail leaders will not collect the $5, and some trails may be full.

This is a live event, not an internet event. :)

All necessary information will be supplied upon arrival. Advance information is helpful, but folks on the ground will be making final decisions and arrangements.

See you there, :wave:

Richard...I think one point Alex was trying to make is the fact that Lathrop Canyon an Elephant hill are not run on BLM property. The BLM has no business getting $5 bucks for these trails.

In all the years past the people only had to pay park registration. Will this be the same this year? It shouldn't be the same as trails in the Sand Flats area since that is run by the BLM...not the park service.

Just trying to get some clarification on the issue...thanks.

If we don't need to pay BLM, we won't need to collect from those who run those trails.

Like I said, all needed info will be presented upon registering and signing up for trails.

You might have said this and I missed it somewhere but...

Can we sign up for all the trails when we first arrive? Or do we have to sign up for them every morning?

You might have said this and I missed it somewhere but...

Can we sign up for all the trails when we first arrive? Or do we have to sign up for them every morning?

You can sign up for as many trails as you like when you register. Morning registration and trail sign up is for those who arrive too late the night before to get over to register that evening. We assume most folks will want to sign up as soon as possible. This is just the same as it's been done in the past.

You can sign up for as many trails as you like when you register. Morning registration and trail sign up is for those who arrive too late the night before to get over to register that evening. We assume most folks will want to sign up as soon as possible. This is just the same as it's been done in the past.

Except for the fact that now you get to sign up people who haven't arrived there yet.

Except for the fact that now you get to sign up people who haven't arrived there yet.

Sorry, Andy, I don't follow what you're saying?

Folks who pre-registered still need to register at the event. They'll get a safety inspection done, pick up shirts, stickers, dinner tickets, etc. Then they can sign up for trails.

Folks who pre-registered still need to register at the event. They'll get a safety inspection done, pick up shirts, stickers, dinner tickets, etc. Then they can sign up for trails.

I think Andy is talking about something that YOU said Richard. ;)

If you want to wheel with friends on a particular trail, and you know for sure that they will run that trail that day, you can put their name on the trail sign up list.

I was in a somewhat too subtle way stating that this year, a registrant, signing up for trails, could also sign up other vehicles for that same trail. In previous years, one could not sign up other people for a trail. Only yourself.

Conceivably, the first guy at the table, could sign himself up for a trail, along with 30 of his friends (who haven't yet arrived) and shut everybody else out.

I don't think it's fair to allow people to sign up other people for trails. But then, I'm not the one making the rules for the event. Nevertheless, I will follow the rules as stated.

I understand your point. Whichever way we do it, there will be downsides and not everyone will get what they want. We're trying to think of everything, but there are certain things that will get a final determination when we get there and we can have a conversation with those involved. When folks get there to register, they will get every bit of information they need. We are making every effort to have procedures that will make it smooth for everyone, including those volunteers that will actually be doing the work. My thought was to make an effort to accomodate those who wanted to wheel with their friends, assuming that they might sign up a couple people. While possible, I really doubt anyone would would sign up 10 or 20 people. We'll review the process.

Back