• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

knuckle to gnuckle tierods

The glory wagon

NAXJA Forum User
why do all these knucke to knucke tierod asseblys look like they dont even have steering shocks.. i was thinking of getting one but can u even get away with not having a steering shock and drive on the road?

Take a look at the steering dampner setups that are sold in the catalogs. They are available with a ubolt mount that you can attach to either the tie rod or drag link. Take a look at a YJ and you'll see what I mean.

Ive been running my ORO steering for several months on the highway, etc. and have not had a setting stabilizer on it. I dont have any bump steer, it tracks straight, no dead spots, etc. I would recommend it to anyone but its $$$$. I only got it because I purchased it from a guy here in charlotte for $250.00

chris

I haven't had a stabilizer for a couple years. I got rid of it off the stock steering setup and now with my OTK setup there isn't one either. Can't tell a difference

I have Currie and JKS mounts on mine. Did I need it? Probably not. Why did I put it on? Cause I could.

31061ae5.jpg

Back