• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanagon love

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
OK...after a FLOOD of PM's requesting such a thing, here is the first installment of the all new, CO Chapter, Vangon love thread. I will be posting some pics and specs of some of the finest a$$ Vanagons that I have come across. Peace to all. :peace:

This specimen is a 1989 Westfalia Weekender. This particular Van is one that causes some serious arouser down in my trouser. It has loads of mods with the 2.2 Subie motor topping the list. On with the pics:

123m8lf.jpg

2w5lxlu.jpg

This owner obviously has impeccable taste in both vehicles and liquor. Note the Tanqueray. Nothing like a little gin and juice.
2nicv3b.jpg

Last edited:
Price: $19,500

I am tempted to nominate you for this one. :D

More is better......... and it comes with a bug too! :thumbup:

MaxHippieVan.jpg

Can I play? This was the precursor to my Cherokee:

orig.jpg

It was a 1990 Weekender. I sold it in 2000 for $12k, and bought my '97 Cherokee for $9k. Kind of ironic, I could buy a motorhome and an XJ of 1990 vintage for what that Volkswagon was worth! It was a great all around travel vehicle. I did my first trip to Death Valley in it, my first tour of southeast Utah in it. That was my first trip down the Hole in the Rock Road! Good times. I really wanted a Syncro but those were double the price of an ordinary Westfalia. :eek:

Hippie-chicks wrestling in a Vanagon....... :thumbup:

vanagon7-7-07.jpg

Here's a really good use for a Vanagon...... tree rest! :D

Vanagon_crushed_in_Seattle.jpg

LOL!

346:289%3C7%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D327%3B%3E%3B45%3E33:%3EWSNRCG%3D32336%3B8246699nu0mrj

Last edited:
the one on the left I think needs to remove that restricting shirt of hers.

The owner of the Moab Rock Shop used to give tours of the Natl parks in this.

He claims they banned him because he took it places the rangers couldn't make in their jeeps :dunno:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::moon::gee:

I never got into the Vanagons, but I did have a 73 and a 78 Westy. My dad has the 78 with a blown motor and a 77 that isn't being used either. They're fun to drive, considering what they are.

Back