• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adventure trailer build - check it out!

Camo-5

NAXJA Forum User
I thought I would share with everyone. This trailer is about the handiest (and coolest looking IMHO) thing to own (besided an XJ of coarse). It's pulled by my XJ with ease, holds alot of wieght, looks good and even floats if you need a boat!

It started out as a M416 that recieved a spring over, new bearings, seals, etc., all new electrical, lights, POR 15 chassis and Herculiner bed. I added a gas and water can to the rear, a storage box up front for straps, a marine deep cell battery, power inverter, tools, etc. I made an adapter from 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5 so I can even use the same spare (same tire size as the XJ). I've got about 1000 road miles and 200 off road miles on this thing and it just keeps following!! It will go over anything my XJ has the power to pull it.

trailer2_large.jpg

trailer1_large.jpg

Last edited:
Cool... hopefully this weekend I'll be hacking a clapped out MJ in half... if I can push through the heat...

That's a nice 416...
Curt

how much for shipping to 94510? LOL that thing is freekin awsome! i want one just like it. great job.

Thanks!

Here are a few shots of the trailer doing a little work getting ready for hunting season.....

103-0791-1_large.jpg

103-0793_large.jpg

103-0794_large.jpg

Back