• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Top Tent

I've seen those, but they've never made much sense to me outside of one person.

Weight would always be a concern to me.

Need to get up to take a piss in the middle of the night? Climb out and down a ladder. And then back up.

Nope.

I'll take my 8 person instant up that I can setup myself in a few minutes, and take down in like 5...that I could also buy like 10 of (or more) for the cost of a rooftop tent.

:laugh:

I like the idea but not the cost. Way too much money. Like said, new tents now are super fast to set up. I don't like too how semi permanent it is on your car. I don't want that giant thing on top of my DD everyday. Maybe if I build a camp trailer I'd consider one if it was cheap, to throw on the trailer.

Plus you don't want to get grouped in with those damn Toyota "overlanders" anyways.

IMG_1522.JPG

Need to get up to take a piss in the middle of the night? Climb out and down a ladder. And then back up.

Nope.

I'll take my 8 person instant up that I can setup myself in a few minutes, and take down in like 5...that I could also buy like 10 of (or more) for the cost of a rooftop tent.

Ditto

Its also hard to set up a base camp to wheel in an area if your tent is attached to your wheeling rig. Plus, there are plenty of times when I've gone camping that you don't want to camp right where you can park. A little hike down to a creek or lake and you can setup a much nicer camp.

I have one. I'm pretty much over 2" foam mattresses. If you want to drive up to the Springs, I'll show it to you and we can talk about it. It includes the annex for when the tot sleeps by himself. Haven't gotten around to figuring out how to post pics after photobucket quit.

I have one. I'm pretty much over 2" foam mattresses. If you want to drive up to the Springs, I'll show it to you and we can talk about it. It includes the annex for when the tot sleeps by himself. Haven't gotten around to figuring out how to post pics after photobucket quit.

So.... you'll sell it to me then?! :yap::loveu::angel:

Nope.

Same, no way with a baby Id shuffle them up a ladder. Already enough of a pain just doing it myself. After doing the research for what to do with our little one happy with the tent we got. Also need to figure where the baby will sleep. We have to use a pack and play and no way it would fit in a roof top. Kiddo wont sleep in anything else other than that so part of the reason we stuck with a tent. Basinet didnt work for us but everyone is different. Just something to consider.

Back