• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just one of my little projects.

Hammered

NAXJA Forum User
Its gonna be a bit till I get to install this. I need to do some wiring and other "plumbing" before I can seal everything back up BUT...

Finished the cargo box I welded up. Got the idea from another Naxja thread... and always wanted some kinda built in box. So I just made this.

PC295002.jpg

PC295005.jpg

PC295003.jpg

I'll get full cargo area pics in spring when I finish the mods / upgrades.

I want one. Just an idea, but you could take out the plastic trim use the hole behind it for more room, I am trying to make removable panels for my sides.

true, but I have it open in there now and its kinda noisy... that was my original intent. I'll see how this works, maybe change it up later on.

I have some of the trim edge stuff left over from my front fenders, I'll stick that on the top edge of this so the lids not gonna rattle around.

I'll be Bolting this in. I'll need to drill some holes and such. I may end up using some of those pinch nuts (not sure what the real name is) so they stay in place till I get a bolt / screw in.

Looks good! My so much cooler JEEP box I just screwed to the floor and the panel. and its got that same hole in the window side so you can sort of utilize that little cubby hole in the back there. Once you pack that bad boy full of survival items it shouldnt rattle so bad

oh hell yes, its 6 wide & 16 deep top to bottom, not including the space in the oem notch.

I'll see if I can make some more, but thats not promising anything.

Hammered, I'd be interested in purchasing one (if you do make some more) since I have no fab skills (yet) but like the idea. :thumbup:

I like the sticker. :)

how nice of you :)

Very nice. I'd be interested in one if you decide to start selling them.

One suggestion - you can buy industrial-grade carpet at Home Depot for cheap. It's very low profile and comes in a grey/black color. Glue some on the inside and it will kill any rattling noises. I use it as drawer liners in my tool boxes.

love it ill take one in blue for 125??

haha

well I have two spots that storage boxes would work great, the side wheelwells and behind the front seats, the wheel well boxes woul be around 4in high x 6in deep x 16 in long, with cup holders on one end!

the boxes behind the front seats should be 6in high x 9 in deep x 12 inches wide, these would also have to be able to with stand being stood on top of as i do still use the rear seat

see if that would work and what I would owe you

Last time we were at rausch we rode with a YJ (same kinda stoopid jeep :p ) But anyways he had a box in the back of his that was pretty sweet. No rear seats of course and it went behind the front seats, the entire length of the heep, and was short enough it still allowed 'trunk' space. Kinda like a tuffy box, but very handy.

Back