• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fat City Pre-Runner build

Looks super pimp! :greensmok

How thick is that frame material where you're welding on the upper control arm mounting tabs? Would suck to rip those off.

Great point. The frame looks to be 1/8" which does'nt worry me much, but I backed the mounts up just to be safe.

DSC00727.jpg

Still waitin on thsose shocks... So I did a couple thing that need to get done, but were being put off because I hate drilling. Ran a 3/4" bit thru the stock steering idler arm (which sucked bad...)
And mounted the new battery box and Optima.
DSC00728.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

That last pic is making me thirsty! Ever need a helper on a project like that, I'm you're go-to-guy! Looking good Eric where do you plan on "testing" er out at?

Right on, if it's a day I wasn't working I'd like to shoot down and check out the action if you wouldn't mind. Who knows maybe that thing would be able to keep up with the jeep? :)

I have a feeling this thing is going to put the jeep to shame, lol. I'd love to build an f150, but I don't have the $ to pull it off... which is why i have a jeep :D

I have a feeling this thing is going to put the jeep to shame, lol. I'd love to build an f150, but I don't have the $ to pull it off... which is why i have a jeep :D

False statement Grimm! And F1 can be built on a budget!!!

Bunch of comedians in here.:laugh3:

Since I'm f'd on shock's for now, I'm going to have some more plates cut to do the front shock hoops similar to the rear, so now I have some time to spare...

I got the E-locker installed in the front housing and plan to get it slammed back in this weekend. Also started putting the CV's on the axles and hope to have everything but mounting shocks done this weekend.
IMG00437.jpg

IMG00440-1.jpg

I was playing with the CV misalignment and was surprised by just how much more the 930 has over the factory stuff. (I know, I know. the red is super gay and going away...)

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00729.jpg

Last edited:
I dig the red..... Looking effin rad! Wanna trade for my Bronco?

Sick build so far. I dig the fact that it's really an all purpose vehicle but should be super fast in the bimps. I'm loving the Jeep but I can see outgrowing it into something like this or Tony's Bronco. Maybe I should do a Pre-runner Blazer to put a little Chevy blood into the mix with you guys :)

Chris

Back