• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beadlock Ring Bolts

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to install some new tires on my beadlocks. I installed these tires about 3.5 years ago, and never had any issues or need to take them apart. Being this will be the first time, is it recommended to replace the ring bolts, or can I reuse the old ones. The wheels are ATX Pro Chamber 2 with 3/8" socket cap bolts.

Beadlock bolts should easily be reusable.

I've had my ring on/off a couple times, used the same bolt. Only need to replace them if rock rashed bad enough.

Beadlock bolt don't get torqued anywhere NEAR what would cause any sort of stretch.

Hell, I'm pretty sure Grade 2 stuff could be used, but the heads would/could get eaten alive.

I have bolts on. Multiple sets of wheels and in all but one set of steel beadlocks it has been fine. One time I had the old bolts on that set of steel beadlocks start snapping after being torqued down to 20ft/lbs. no problems till it got cold and they started to let go a few every trip.

^^^This is what I was hoping. I just didn't want to ask the question after I was finished with changing tires,and have to go back to swap them all out. All of the bolts are recessed in the ring without any damage, so as long as none of the steel inserts come out, it should be a fun afternoon. Thanks guys!

Back