• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

back seat buckets

mn_xj

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to pull out my carpet and herculine the xj interior this week. I am thinking about getting 2 buckets from the yard and putting them in the rear bench location or just a little further back.

All feed back appreciated

TIA Ben

I think I remember reading about 2 or 3 people that did it.... unfortunately all that was many many moons ago on the old forum before it was being archived...... I do remember a link to a website though, so you might want to hit up google for it.

Kejtar

I have a pair of gray seats from a 1991 4dr Cherokee. They are in great condition. I would like $100 for both front seats and the rear bench. Make an offer PLEASE!!!! they take up way too much space in my garage.

AARON
[email protected]

I had them out anyway so I just tried to set my front seats in back and they dont realy fit they are too tall. What would you guys do? tj, cj, john deer ? I need Ideas !!!!

thanks
Ben

isnt that even smaller?

Get a set of racing buckets (if $$ is there) and bolt them in.

Are your seat backs (front seats) removable head rests?

Haven't tried!

Vug-
Do you have any pictures? I was thinking of doing something similar to free up a little storage space.
Thanks.

:twak: :twak: Sorry, my bad.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=365207

Go to the bottom of the first page and hpi_jeep starts showing how he has done it and it carries onto the 2nd page. I talked to him about this install and he said that he welded them in but that he saw no reason that they couldn't be bolted in. He unbolted the bottom frame and used from above that up. Lost some movement and a little of the recline as I remember.

Last edited:
Back