• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let's make it better thread.

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Now that everyone is home and had a chance to unwind, the BOD always asks the question, "How do we make next year better?"

Realizing there are things we can and can't control, let us know what you think.

mac 'always fine tuning' gyvr

I'll start.

We are going to make the registration a little more in depth on who is coming with you so that they can have pre-printed name tags next year.

The VFW should have whatever renovations they are doing finished (they did apologize).

mac 'what else you got?' gyvr

Food really sucked this year. 😑 Of course I understand there are few choices in Attica, just throwing it out there.

Other than that, no complaints.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Easier to just go to the VFW.

I still appreciate the effort and will always be at WF and will also always attend the banquet.

what sucked about the food?

lets make them better?

mac 'specifically?' gyvr

I'm just throwing this out there and take it for what its worth.

The passing of the hat for firewood at Robies and the potluck has become the norm over the past few years. I hear a lot of people say "I don't have any cash on me". Why not add it to the registration and have a place for "firewood donations" and it could be in $5 increments etc. Then it would be one more avenue to collect funds for the firewood and may be easier for some people to help out. I know over the years some of the attendees say this is their big vacation of the year and they have to scrape up funds to pull it off, or maybe even some are riding their credit cards the whole trip, but either way this may give an option for collecting more funds.

BUT.....a question I also have is why not use chapter funds to pay for the firewood? There's been plenty of funds available the past years and I know in the past the chapter had paid for the firewood in full. Again, just throwing ideas out there.

And at the end of the day if we are still saying the food sucks at the VFW and all I can come up with is ways to pay for firewood, that means you guys on the BOD are kicking ass and taking names on running and handling the affairs of this event. Good job gents, you have made this an event that others strive to attain the level of. :thumbup:

Cheese "and I have not even been to the fire in 4 years" Man

Chicken Tenders were anything but tender. Tough and cold to boot. I went up pretty early in the process too.

The food never has been very good.

The thing is, I will still go to eat at the VFW. Not complaining, just giving input.

If I don't have to cook it, and it don't make me sick, I'm in.

Well this was my first one, so not much to compare it to. I would think for the money I spent you could at least give me a shirt. You should find some good trails to play on and maybe provide some food a day or two. A cool place to camp would be nice also. Maybe in the future you could provide a bonfire(just a thought). I would also like some recognition of ME!!! Thanks, just my thoughts.

****in great time, thanks guys, and thanks for the recognition:

Coolest event ever! Change what you want but it rocks

Last edited:
I loved the name tags. Makes it easier for us newer guys to get to know everyone.

I agree the catering leaves some to be desired, chicken was better last year. But if there's no alternative locally, I can endure free chicken and pot roast.

As far as the events, shout out to all the trail leaders. I had a blast and as always look forward to next year even if I'm doing the baby trails. It would be nice to have a non jeep event(like there used to be Barbie jeep racing), but I can't think of a solid suggestion on what exactly.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

So the awards should be members only? Lots of folks at WF who aren't members that pay the registration fee.

Trust me, I have great respect for Josh and his company, and everything that they do for the club.

If I'm not mistaken, he didn't pay registration either. Just saying

The money he invested into Winterfest was for advertising.

I'm sure you know this

Trust me, I have great respect for Josh and his company, and everything that they do for the club.

If I'm not mistaken, he didn't pay registration either. Just saying

The money he invested into Winterfest was for advertising.

I'm sure you know this

By your own admission your jeep wasn't finished or ready for the trail. I'm not sure what the point of this is. There have been plenty of WF's with opinionated decisions about the silly certificates that are handed out.

I don't see how complaining about who got one will make the event better.

Back