• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let's make it better thread.

I never said mine should've gotten that award.

This is a thread asking for opinions, I expressed my opinion.

What's great is that this event has evolved so much that it's the little things that are being brought up in this thread now. What it says to me is that this is a great event put on by great people, and it's damn near 100%

Damn near...strippers and sheep would out it over the top.

Boobs.

Not much to complain about here. Like others have said, the food is so-so but you take what you can get in a hole in the wall town like Attica. I wasn't able to get my new FRS programmed which sucked but luckily I had my one from last year, I even showed up early just to try to get that done (still not a big deal).

The trail leader we had that took us to the private property was a real good guy and knew the property better than he knew the actual park, older guy in a red 2 door JK - great job by him.

The lunch in the quarry didnt seem to be as smooth this year, I think there was some confusion on what time we were actually supposed to eat. I saw they tried to hold some back as they knew people were still out on the trails, so that helped.

Judging by the sticker I just put on my window this was my 7th WF. The BOD did great as usual. No complaints registration was smooth, tech was smooth, drivers meeting was clear, trails went smooth, lunch and any obstacle race were good, the VFW dinner and raffle were as usual.

I'll give my standard response. Big ass tin full of bacon to snack on at the VFW.

Good job!

A Chapter enclosed turkey cooking trailer.....I like where this is going!

I never said mine should've gotten that award.

This is a thread asking for opinions, I expressed my opinion.

What's great is that this event has evolved so much that it's the little things that are being brought up in this thread now. What it says to me is that this is a great event put on by great people, and it's damn near 100%

Fore Wheeler, who votes for the winners of these awards? And the question is valid, should a sponsor's XJ be considered? We are honored to be asked back to the event each year and it was a super cool to be given the award at Winterfest. If it would make the MWC happy, I would gladly give it back to be awarded to a member. Even though IRO doesn't display NAXJA MWC on the side of the XJ, we have made enough friends here to say that we feel part of the group, paid member or not.

Fore Wheeler, who votes for the winners of these awards? And the question is valid, should a sponsor's XJ be considered? We are honored to be asked back to the event each year and it was a super cool to be given the award at Winterfest. If it would make the MWC happy, I would gladly give it back to be awarded to a member. Even though IRO doesn't display NAXJA MWC on the side of the XJ, we have made enough friends here to say that we feel part of the group, paid member or not.

The board of directors vote.

Again, I am 110% grateful that you are on board, and my bringing this up is in no way an attack on Josh or IRO.

Apparently I'm the only one who noticed, or thinks it should be discussed.

Member or not, paid registration or not, was never in my original thoughts. The question was brought up by another member so I addressed his question to me.

By no means you should feel that you need to return the award. You did have, in my opinion too, the best built rig there, my concerns were only in the advantage that a large off road company has over the average guy.

I would expect if any of the big players showed up, IRO, Rustys, JCR, etc, they should have the best built rig because it's their job to build and show how awesome their company is.

You at IRO, already know my opinion of your product, company and people.

Dan

tech seemed a little forgiving for SOME of the things i saw on the trail but it made for some good stories lol. also i read on the schedule that it sounded like a swap meet was going to happen... sounded more grand than it was. if it existed at all.... i mean i got my zj out of it lol but still haha

Back