• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

arrived safely

87manche

NAXJA Forum User
well, Dad and I made it home just now.
Josh is staying overnight in Knoxville.
Wanted to thank the MWC BOD for a great time, and the hospitality showed.
I will be returning to flatnasty, that place was awesome.

got home about 8:45 pm , safe trip .
lady @ the toll booth on I-80 asked me if i rolled over , ( covered in mud )
made my night !

Last edited:
I made it home safely as well. I was lucky enough to have almost 2 feet of snow on the ground waiting for me to shovel also.

We had several inches of snow on our driveway when we returned home also. The motor home would not go up the drive way, had to unload the jeep and pull it with the trailer up the drive way.

bshaw said:
12 hrs. later I finally made it home. had a little detour north, about 180 miles out of my way. :gonnablow

Do tell...

Just heard from Josh.
Popped a trailer tire at the NC state line, Hertz didn't have a spare on the rental trailer AND he's gotta pay for the tire. Apparently the fine print says he's responsible for anything, even a random tire blowout.

Lawn Cher' said:
Do tell...
thought i was getting on 70 east, somehow ended up on 72/55 and didn't realize until i was in Springfield :banghead: .

bought a map and headed down country roads back to 70. waitress in Springfield tried to tell me to head back to St. Louis and then hit 70, yea right. anyway, it was a first and it sucked!

bshaw said:
thought i was getting on 70 east, somehow ended up on 72/55 and didn't realize until i was in Springfield :banghead: .

bought a map and headed down country roads back to 70. waitress in Springfield tried to tell me to head back to St. Louis and then hit 70, yea right. anyway, it was a first and it sucked!

I did that once! Cruising along and said to myself,"Hmmm, I don't remember this lake."

bshaw said:

Hey Squeak ... don't feel too bad about it. I've driven that stretch of road "several" times, and did the same thing ... 'cept I stopped for fuel at a town called Lynchfield. I took a two lane highway across to I57. Ended up going out of my way about a half hour.

The sign where I70 branches off from I55 is not the easiest to see if there are a lot of semi's around.

Les

you guys talking about this little sign?
i-270_il_et_04.jpg

Yep ... that little sign right there. :D

Les

BTW: Why do you have a pic of that sign?

I didn't have any problems. JIM.

ILLXJ said:
I didn't have any problems. JIM.

That's because we're so awesome.

Back