• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back at home

RedHeep

NAXJA #1499
NAXJA Member
Thanks everyone for the great time. Finally got home about an hour ago.

Did some driving until dark yesterday, the running lights on the trailer don't work and I can't figure out why. Thought maybe the night at the Holiday Inn Express would make me smart so I could fix it, but still broken this morning.

Got a whopping 7 miles into NC and blew a trailer tire. No idea why, it had a huge flat spot in it, but I wasn't having any brake troubles. Called Hertz and got told flat tires were my responsiblity. So $75 for the tire and 3 hours labor at $75 an hour for a grand total of a $350 tire change on the interstate.

I had an absolute blast, really enjoyed meeting everyone and beating on my junk. Thanks to everyone that makes winterfest happen. I'm soliciting donations to the spare tire fund :)

RedHeep said:
Got a whopping 7 miles into NC and blew a trailer tire.
Seems like there ought to be a flat trailer tire worked in with the flying armadillo for the Winterfest mascot sticker!

Back