• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In need: Rear axle

bobby_scrotes

NAXJA Forum User
D35 pinion bearing has gone bad, and I can’t bring myself to putting any more money into it.

Does anyone have any leads on axles locally? I’m in San Diego but would travel wherever I needed for a decent deal. I’m looking at the 44 or 8.8, and they both seem to come out pretty pricey refurbished to a decent condition. I’m kind of at a loss, other than spending $2500-4000.

Thanks!

Robert

Looking for a particular ratio?

I have a dana 60 (might be bigger than you want) with 4.10 set and disc brakes. It would need XJ perches welded on, and other pieces assembled.

Ive got an 8.8 completely stripped down and empty sitting at my parents house. I have ruffstuff swap kit, and the original axle shafts. My parents want it gone asap, so let me know if you want it. It would need the gears, carrier, brakes, and the perches welded.

Hey thanks for the replies fellas. I appreciate the offers and ideas you are very generous. Be optedto just replace the bearing and keep rocking the super 35. Hopefully I won’t be crying for help again soon!

I would delete this post now if I knew how

No need to delete. Glad you're fixed, and hope it holds for you.

Now is the time to start looking for a 29 spline (97+) 8 1/4 to have on hand, hopefully finding one cheap.

David Bricker / SYR

Back