• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beefed up Motor Mounts...

fordraceboy

NAXJA Forum User
I searched and came up dry- and I think I’m destined to build my own. I need beefier motor mounts. I already run the Brown Dog plates and mounts, but I’m also a firm believer in overkill. I run the plates because I snapped the passenger side factory bolts off in 2 of 3, and the block broke on number 3. While I’ve never had an issue with the brown dog’s, I’m a big fan of overkill.

I want a secondary/additional mount that the motor mount through bolt can capture (to provide vibration isolation) and then the other end comes down and capture 3-4 oil pan bolts (underside of block oil pan rail)- essentially creating a “cradle”...

Never seen one, haven’t found one on the net. Anyone hear of such an item? Just not sure if I’m going to have time fab on before I hit the trail again between work and rebuilding things that are completely jacked.

You wouldn't want anything to attach to the oil pan that would affect the sealing of a gasket that doesn't receive much pressure/torque.
P1080513_zpshuhwwfda.jpg

It should have minimal effect (if any) adverse affect on sealing. Most cars from the 50’s and 60’s have “spreader tabs” for the valve covers and sometimes oil pans to help distribute the bolt pressure to aid in sealing. Not looking to support the motor full time- looking for a fail safe. Every time the bracket snaps off the block- it’s snaps your distributor housing at the top of the shaft where it meets the base. The Rubicon is hard on things...:cheers:

Did you ever do gears? It sounds like a heavy foot issue, I've been almost every trail this side of the Mississippi on my stock 19yr old mounts!

That should help a lot with things.

Anyone have one of these?

I know there are a couple of manufactures that made them- I'm not real picky on that aspect of it.

Thanks

I installed mine back in '02(Tera-low kit) so instead of your low range being 35:1, mine is 51:1. The biggest issue for yrs was braking, it wants to go over anything idling so I had a hard time holding it back. Luckily I installed Wj/Kj disc's before I built my stroker otherwise it would have been next to impossible to keep it stopped.

Back