• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have Video of me and my discrace of an attemp at gatekeeper?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
I was hoping someone got video of my silver XJ thrashing about at gatekeeper.

Anyone?

Thanks
[email protected]

Well that was the best thinking I had the whole time at GK... :)

I think most of us were to busy keeping our lower jaw out of the dirt during your bad ass attempt to beat it!:D

But if anyone got it... I'd watch it atleast another 100X

well no excuses.

But I did order EVERYTHING for hydro assist monday. I couldnt turn to take the line that Spencer was saying to (where matt went) cause it wouldnt turn right, once on top of the first bolder.

As well as I am very glad I stopped. Once I got home and looked under it, the exh shifted and the trans cooler lines were weeping and about to rupture, an with that much exh heat, likely fire.

It sure was a good show though...if anyone has video, I would like to see it as well.

Too bad we don't know who those people were with the buggies, they were videoing it.

yea, he could have made it if he drove it like he stole it, but i dont blame him, that thing is way too pretty to end up like Robert's (although i thought Robert's was also too pretty to end up like Robert's). i dont think i'd try it without a rig like Spencer's.
cant talk trash if you didnt try it! :D

I was thinking it be a pain without Hydro Assist. Was it really that bad Robert? It looks as if the line is to the right. Ill have to try it someday. Just not meow.

yea, he could have made it if he drove it like he stole it, but i dont blame him, that thing is way too pretty to end up like Robert's (although i thought Robert's was also too pretty to end up like Robert's). i dont think i'd try it without a rig like Spencer's.
cant talk trash if you didnt try it! :D

Shouldn't have to beat it to hell just getting over the first set of rocks... The second set though.. yeah dif story. I like my simi straight rig to much to do that right now.. Plus it would have never made it and i know that

I was thinking it be a pain without Hydro Assist. Was it really that bad Robert? It looks as if the line is to the right. Ill have to try it someday. Just not meow.

Excuse me, are you saying meow?

And yes it's a pain without hydro assist, I think I'll be needing a new steering box in the near future, mine's leaking all over after that run.

I just wish I had the horsepower of Robert's rig, that would have helped too.

Last edited:
Excuse me, are you saying meow?

And yes it's a pain without hydro assist, I think I'll be needing a new steering box in the near future, mine's leaking all over after that run.

Do i look like a cat to you boy? Am i jumping around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Do you see me eating mice?

You got the farthest Matt and i think you could have made it up had it not been for the breakage.

Next time. ;)

Shouldn't have to beat it to hell just getting over the first set of rocks... The second set though.. yeah dif story. I like my simi straight rig to much to do that right now.. Plus it would have never made it and i know that

Dave had one of the cleanest jeeps I have seen and cleaned the gatekeeper on 35's with Johnny spotting him over the phone:

http://naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244263420&postcount=16

Granted this was a few years ago, but full bodied and clean.

I think it really comes down to the spotter. I WALKED Gate Keeper in my old XJ on 32's about 7 years ago with my dad spotting me, he's been Wheel'n since before I was born. 2 years ago in my unlimited JK on 37's, I could not get past the second set of rocks no matter what I did. Flopped it twice on its side, luckily I was able to drive out of both of them. My buddy, who was a newbie at 4wheeln was spotting me that time.

That stack of rocks on the left side makes a huge difference. Without the stack, your front driver tire gets caught in an undercut in the rock. That stack of rocks wasn't as high when we were there Sat.

calico207800x600.jpg

Dave had one of the cleanest jeeps I have seen and cleaned the gatekeeper on 35's with Johnny spotting him over the phone:

http://naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244263420&postcount=16

Granted this was a few years ago, but full bodied and clean.

Back