• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tools?

Both! And now it looks like I have a problem. My Knuckle has some play at the upper ball joint. It doesnt affect driving as i drove it to work due to my Honda being in the shop. Debating on whether or not to fix it. I really dont want to drive it up and it goes out on the way up catastrophically failure. Grrr!

Sounds like thats a no brainer then....... FIX IT!

Does your's have that adjustable sleeve on the upper joint? Might just have to tighten that down.

Thinking of which that another odd tool I'll have is that little spanner socket for those D44 or old D30 ball joints.

Last edited:
Does your's have that adjustable sleeve on the upper joint? Might just have to tighten that down.

Thinking of which that another odd tool I'll have is that little spanner socket for those D44 or old D30 ball joints.

Yeah, it does and i was thinking maybe that has come loose. Isn't it tapered?

yeah, you tighten up the bottom one part way, then tighten the sleeve down from the top, then finish tightening the bottom, then tighten the nut on the top. The exact sequence and torques are on google somewhere.

The spanner socket's not the easiest tool to find, found mine at a carquest

yeah, you tighten up the bottom one part way, then tighten the sleeve down from the top, then finish tightening the bottom, then tighten the nut on the top. The exact sequence and torques are on google somewhere.

I dont have that tool and the only one i know that has it is Avery. That dude is in JV

EF my life!

The spanner socket's not the easiest tool to find, found mine at a carquest

Back