• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm home

MDXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Jenn and I made it. :party: mj made it too

We're home. Jeep is washed and put away, only a few things to check over.

Made it home, unloaded everything, and ate dinner. Maybe I'll look at the jeep by the end of the week to see whats up with it.

Despite my side trip to Frackville (yes, that's actually the town name) via AAA for a started, I made it home by early afternoon. Unfortunately, the Jeep burned a good half a tank of gas doing it, so I probably managed 8-9 MPG at best. Just thinking about what color my catalytic converter must have been by the time I got home makes me shudder.

Once home, I ran out in the DD for a full set of new O-rings to have on hand as spares, and first thing tomorrow morning I pull the 703s out and put the old OEM ones back in, keeping my fingers crossed all the time that it solves my rich running problem. Washing will have to wait until I get the Jeep back from "Gallons per Mile" into "Miles per Gallon" territory.

Even with my mechanical issues, I had a great time. It was good seeing the usual crowd, and it was a pleasure to see John making it back east after so long. It was also great having you ride along wiith me, Dave - you're welcome to climb aboard any time.

Rob

Last edited:
Made it home and unpacked everything. MJ still has the same no fuel pump/only 4 injectors firing problems. I'll figure it out tomorrow since I took the day off and don't have much to clean up since the weather was nice.

It was another great time!

Jenn had death wobble one time on the way. What a bad feeling looking from behind her. But she made it:party:

Got home around 8:30 after a nice trip down the median an 84 in NY. Some woman cut me off, then jumped on her brakes to avoid a squirrel. I ended up in the gravel at 70. Fortunately there was no damage, and I hit the damn squirrel.

Got home about 4:30pm. Waved to a couple of folks up I-81, and saw Tim? in the Cracker Barrel parking lot in Wilkes-Barre (busted rear window?).

Rob, very glad to hear you made it home. Sorry the starter had to crap out on you. Thanks for the rides, and look forward to seeing you again.

David Bricker / SYR

We made it back safe and sound last night. No problems other than the normal construction traffic. Had a great time and just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for helping to make it that way. Hope to see you all again next year.

and saw Tim? in the Cracker Barrel parking lot in Wilkes-Barre (busted rear window?).

Rob, very glad to hear you made it home. Sorry the starter had to crap out on you. Thanks for the rides, and look forward to seeing you again.

David Bricker / SYR
Yes, that was me, we stopped at logans for lunch

Got home about 4:30pm. Waved to a couple of folks up I-81, and saw Tim? in the Cracker Barrel parking lot in Wilkes-Barre (busted rear window?).

David Bricker / SYR

Honestly, better at the campground than on the trail or some random spot on the way home - at least this way I could take it to a shop I've used before and let them deal with it while I enjoyed the air conditioning and got some lunch.

Funny thing about that Sears - the guy who did the rear brake lines for me last year was the one who got it this time, and he remembered both me and the Jeep (small world strikes again). He jokingly suggested I make advanced reservations with them next time I go to Rausch, to which I chuckled a bit.

The new starter sounds like it's spinning a bit faster than the old one, so maybe the old one was already degraded a bit when I flogged it this weekend due to the injectors.

Got home safe and sound at 6pm, surprisingly to my knowledge with the truck telling me an average of 8 mpg, I only spent about $450 in fuel to get there and back not including filling up the Jeep. I usually spend about $600 for Cherokee Crawl. I had a blast wheeling on some new and sweet trails, making new friends and laughing at D jokes. Hope to make it again next year.

Got home safe and sound at 6pm, surprisingly to my knowledge with the truck telling me an average of 8 mpg, I only spent about $450 in fuel to get there and back not including filling up the Jeep. I usually spend about $600 for Cherokee Crawl. I had a blast wheeling on some new and sweet trails, making new friends and laughing at D jokes. Hope to make it again next year.

I think I'm going to try and make this next year as well.

I think I'm going to try and make this next year as well.

Have you been? It's awesome! The deciding factor for crawl or Nac for me comes down to what days I can get off for work.

Have you been? It's awesome! The deciding factor for crawl or Nac for me comes down to what days I can get off for work.

I haven't. I'm going to Moab this year so NACfest was out of the question.

Glad you and Jason had fun! We're so pumped you guys were able to make it.

Flexd, definitely head out next year. Just ask Sean and Jason what they thought of rock creek :D.

Glad you and Jason had fun! We're so pumped you guys were able to make it.

Flexd, definitely head out next year. Just ask Sean and Jason what they thought of rock creek :D.

Can I get a ride in your MJ? That looks like a hell of a good time!

Back