• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2012 was great, but...

Tech&Registration went well, but some more streamlining could have us on the trails by 9:30 (or earlier)...
(All Leader/Gunner/BoD Rigs should be tech'ed AND Registered on Thursday)
(Place all Registration items in NAXJA Trash Bags)
(Possible on-line 'signing' of NAXJA Wavier?)
(Sharp Cut-off time for Registration)

Free Camping was a GREAT idea! Hopefully that can be implemented in the future!
If you need help sorting the Registration stuff, just ask, plenty of us would be glad to help!

That's all I can really think of... I thought it went amazingly well...

Actually, for legal reasons, I'd suggest *NOT* doing online waiver signing. If an injury suit were to be brought, any decent lawyer should be able to make hash out of online signatures ("and just how can you show that my client did sign that?") There's a significant amount of SSL certificate work that would need to take place (or some equivalent thereof,) and most people just don't know or care enough to handle their side of it.

Actually, I thought that registration and marshalling went well this year. I think that the big thing would be to start on time. Honestly, I was not watching the time, so I got no clue if we rolled on schedule or not.

For some reason I missed that registration was at the campground. A sign pointing us that direction would be my only suggestion.

Maybe less vehicles on trail runs per group. When we went on green with BOB we did not have any problems, but it was kindof hard to decifer who was clear after a hill climb as there were others behind us that were calling clear for a different hill. Just a thought.

Not if it is done right. Yes, some will break something "don't we take that chance when we wheel otherwise" but I did this with the old black jeep on 33" tires without breaking anything a few times. There is ALOT of brake involved with doing this on pavement. Pair up the vehicles right and it will be a fun time!!

Not if it is done right. Yes, some will break something "don't we take that chance when we wheel otherwise" but I did this with the old black jeep on 33" tires without breaking anything a few times. There is ALOT of brake involved with doing this on pavement. Pair up the vehicles right and it will be a fun time!!

i agree. i have been to my share of back to back pulls. one time i went a girl in a stock CRD Libby dominated everyone she hooked to. its like a chess match.

anyways...
I actually felt the entire weekend went by flawlessly. Tech and registration both went smooth, maybe because i beat the crowd. We had fairly small groups on red trail both days so we were able to cover ground while still goofing around. I also hope to see free or discounted camping the in the future as that was a huge money burden off my shoulders. Out of the 3 WF's that i have attended, this one was the most streamlined in my opinion.

My only real suggestion has to do with the event tees. Maybe we could get some Made in the USA shirts next year? Otherwise, unless you guys can control the weather, I thought things went great. :thumbup:

Overall I thought Winterfest went great. I do however have a few suggestions. One is require not only every rig have a CB, but a properly working CB. Some people (leaders included) where very difficult to understand due to squalling or cutting out. Another is to have organized runs after lunch. I know I wanted to go out more on Sat, but couldn't find anyone familiar enough with the park to go with us.

(Possible on-line 'signing' of NAXJA Wavier?

If you mean "while standing in line", we did that before and it slows the process to a crawl.
We had a link posted so everyone could print one out and bring the completed waiver with them, only three of you did it.
Re-read, you meant, "on line" as in the internet. not the Canadian version of standing in line...
Still, three people...

I don't have a good printer at home, but I was trying to find that waiver before I left to print it off. I was in a hurry and just gave up, but I tried.

If you mean "while standing in line", we did that before and it slows the process to a crawl.
We had a link posted so everyone could print one out and bring the completed waiver with them, only three of you did it.
Re-read, you meant, "on line" as in the internet. not the Canadian version of standing in line...
Still, three people...
I could not get it to print out. When I went to the link it said it was invalid. Even checked it again after it was reported good and no luck.

Scoob, you were the only one who could not access it, check your settings, I don't know. It was on Google Docs no one else had an issue.
Terre, I don't know what to tell you, printers are $20.00 at Target.

The after lunch trail runs is always an issue, people leave for lunch and miss their leader moving on after lunch.

Next year you can expect semi-firm departure times after lunch.

Rev

How about t-shirts that don't say '' we eat our own"
on them. Every time I wear mine somebody always asks
what that means. And frankly I don't know what that is
supposed to mean?

Well, it means that when you belong in our chapter, ritualistic hazing and banter is the normal happenings. But we also take care of our own as well. Like Rev's signature says

"We eat our own. And God help any outsider who tries to take a bite."

It's our motto...I don't think the response would be too great if we abandoned it.

I printed the wavier off no issues. Filled it out, no issues.

Left it at home in the whirl wind of everything else going on.

mac 'back to semi-normal' gyvr

Back