• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 Jeep MJ Comanche - 4.7L Stroker

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
The time has come to take a much needed break from 4wheelin and the Jeep so it’s officially for sale. Many things have changed in my life since starting the MJ build a year ago and it’s time to move on. That being said I’m really happy with how the truck turned out and I’m sure the next owner won’t be disappointed. It runs really good, everything works inside and out as it should, it will cruise on the interstate at 70mph with the A/C blowing ICE cold, and then tackle moderate to hard trails. The truck passed NC inspection in June of this year with no problems. I have a folder over an inch thick full of receipts from the build as well as over 500 pictures from beginning to end.

Detailed info and pics can be found in my build thread on JeepForum: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99-mj-build-881250/

Below is a listing of the highlights of the truck:

Body

1990 MJ - Unibody/Cab – RUST Free – Clear Title
1999 XJ – Doors, Fenders, Hood, Grille, and NEW Safelite Windshield, tinted door glass
Professional body work and paint job (Jeep Silverstone Metallic paint)
New CR Lawrence tinted sliding rear glass
Custom Rear 10g steel Bed/Corner Guards with LEDs
Rigidco Hybrid XJ/MJ rear bumper
Rigidco XJ/MJ Front Winch Bumper
Northern Tool Low Profile Black Tool Box

Interior
Agate interior was transplanted from the ’99 XJ
NEW Agate color carpet with double thick padding
NEW Wet Okole Seat covers with heating elements
NEW Headliner
Power Door Locks, Windows and Mirrors
Keyless Entry
MTX 7 Speaker Audio System including Amp and 8” Sub
Kenwood KVT-514 In-Dash DVD System with Garmin Navigation Add on
HVAC Unit was rebuilt while out with NEW Evap Core, Heater Core and Blower Motor

Powertrain
4.7L Jeep Long Rod Stroker Engine Professionally built by Midland Engine
12cwt Jeep 258 Crankshaft, ARP Bolts, Jeep 4.0L Rods, Keith Black Forged Pistons, Moly Rings
Port-n-Polished Head, NEW Sealed Power Valves, Mopar Perf Springs, Locks, Retainers, 3 angle valve job
Harland Sharp Roller Rockers
Pacesetter Long Tube Header, Car Sound HiFlow Cat, Flowmaster 40 series muffler
AEM Brute Force Intake, 63mm Throttle Body, 24lb Ford Blue injectors
Accell 8mm Wires, Cap, Rotor, and Plugs
Hesco HiFlow Tstat housing, 180* Tstat, FlowKooler Water Pump, CSF Three Row All Metal Radiator
AW4 Automatic Trans
NP231 Transfer Case with P.O.R.C. Slip Yoke Eliminator
Rebuilt front and rear CV Driveshafts with Spicer joints by Universal Service in Charlotte

Drivetrain/Suspension
Rear MJ Dana 44 Axle, 4.88 Yukon Gears, Full Case Detroit Locker, Ten Factory Alloy Shafts, ZJ Rear Disc Brake kit with New Rotors, Pads and ebrake Pads, Ruff Stuff Simple Swap Kit, SOLID Diff Cover
Front XJ HP 30 Axle, 4.88 Yukon Gears, Full Case Detroit Locker, Alloy USA Shafts, JKS Mini Skids, Currie CorrectLync HD Steering, SOLID Diff Cover, 4 New MOOG Ball Joints, New Ceramic Pads, New Brake Rotors
Front RockKrawler 3-Link Long Arms, RK 6.5” Coils, JKS ACOS Spacers, JKS Sway Bar Disconnects, JKS Bar Pin Eliminators, Extended Stainless Steel Brake lines, Bilstein 5100 shocks
Rear is SOA with Ruff Stuff Simple Swap Kit using the MJ rear Leafs, Extended Stainless Steel brake lines, Bilstein 5100 shocks

Tires/Wheels
Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar 35x12.5r15 Tires mounted to 4 Matte Black Alloy 15x8 wheels

PRICE - $15,000

PM me with questions or for my phone number if you want to talk more I’ll be glad to provide more pictures and answer any questions.

P1030388.jpg

LINK!!!!??? say it aint so brother!!!!!!! such a beautiful rig. it hurts me to see it for sale. best of luck man

One of the baddest MJ's I have ever seen. Not sure if the economy will get you 15k, but its worth it. Seriously awesome truck man, good luck with the sale!

~ Stump

Wow that is all i have to say about that MJ, good luck with the sale.

Got a text from Nick today while I was at work that you were selling it and I almost fell out of my chair!

Hate to see it go, but understand how life can take over from time to time. I have a feelin you'll be back in Jeeps before too long though :D

Good luck with the sale. And before it goes I want to see it one more time!

Not sure I follow your point.....there are plenty of TJs out there still selling for 15K bone stock with 30/35 combo. :confused1
but thats a jeep wrangler... they hold there value significantly better than any other jeep.

Very very nice and I would love to have it but I cant justify a $15K price tag. Ill get my diesel tow rig for that sticker price... Sorry I couldnt help you out. Bump for a nice custom MJ!

Tough crowd......but who wants a TJ.....they're a dime a dozen these days....LOL

If any of you guys are SERIOUSLY interested in the truck PM me an offer and maybe we can work something out. $15K is a starting point, I never said I wasn't flexable.

Beautiful truck but I can't see something with a 30 and 44 going for 15k.

What do you think Rubi's have? 44 in the rear and hybred 30/44 up front.
Both axles in this are geared, locked and have alloy shafts. Not to mention the rear has disk brakes

not to mention the TJ is actually a complete late 90's. Amazing mj, just don't see it bringing that kind of cash this day and age.

I would say this is a complete 2010. Check the build thread, with the exception of the tub, almost every part has the word new in front of it or rebuilt.

Very very nice and I would love to have it but I cant justify a $15K price tag. Ill get my diesel tow rig for that sticker price... Sorry I couldnt help you out. Bump for a nice custom MJ!

If you have to have a tow rig, im sure you have alot more than 15k in your jeep. IMO, only two vehicles require a tow rig... a buggy, which 15k wouldnt put a dent in or a POS that you are worried will break down on the trail. Anything else, it's more cost effective to drive to the trail head.

Last edited:
Went through the build thread, amazing job and attention to detail....but it is what it is it's still an overhauled 1990 mj. When you can get 2000+ xj's for 5k or less it makes $15 sound like a lot more. Not saying it wouldn't be worth $15k in the right market.

ya'll quit knockin him.... its a beatiful truck and if i had the cash to spend i would.... the attention to detail and reliablilty is worth it and its the way i would build a truck if i had the money... just let him try to sell it for gods sake

Beautiful truck but I can't see something with a 30 and 44 going for 15k.

Wow......

ya'll quit knockin him.... its a beatiful truck and if i had the cash to spend i would.... the attention to detail and reliablilty is worth it and its the way i would build a truck if i had the money... just let him try to sell it for gods sake

Agreed!

wow. I only got to page 25 on the build thread....incredible attention to detail and work!:scared: I wish I had the time and space for something like that. Anyone seriously interested in purchase only needs to browse that build thread to see what's been done. It does look like a "new" MJ. Whatever price you can get won't recover all the time/money spent on it! Outstanding job:viking: Now you just gotta find the "Right" buyer!:sunshine:

Back