• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1953 Willys CJ3A rock crawler-$2,900.00

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
$2,900.00 OBO.....If there is enough interest in most of the main components I will consider parting it out; BUT if it goes that route the wheels & tires will not be for sale as I'd like to keep them for future project use. Now, for the description....

1953 Willys CJ3A Jeep. Lots of custom work done to it. I got it in a trade a couple of years ago and haven't done much with it since. 225 Buick odd-fire V6, rebuilt 3 speed transmission (rebuilt by Herm the Overdrive Guy-less that 500 miles on the rebuild), Spicer 18 transfer case. Wagoneer Dana 44's front and rear w/5.38:1 gears and full spools, high steer arms up front with high steering. USA6x6 H1 beadlocks w/rubber runflats & 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL-SX's with 75-90% tread remaining. I have 5 tires & wheels, but the fifth wheel has never been recentered so that will need to be done before it can be used for a spare. Brand new fenderwell headers & mufflers. Springover with CJ5 leafs, full rollcage, custom front & rear bumpers. Saginaw steering conversion. Dash has been reworked with new gauges (no speedometer) and the guy that did it did a nice job.

It does need some work. It needs shocks & shock mounts and new spring bushings. The alternator need to be wired up, but it's a pretty new replacement unit from Advance Auto Parts. It will also need a little TLC because it's been sitting for a little over a year (under a tarp with a car cover over that). I'd also recommend that the rollcage be tied into the frame if you're going to really use the Jeep for what it's built for. The pictures show a winch & hi-lift on the front but they have already been sold. I have well over the asking price in this thing but I'm tired of seeing it sit and go to waste. Hopefully someone will buy it and use it for what it's built for. The pictures also show the Jeep with the old Goodyear Wrangler Hummer tires, which are long gone. I will do my best to get some current pictures of it if needed, but here are a couple to show what it looks like......

100_1034.jpg

100_1035.jpg

Does it have a title? I see you have tags on it, so I assume it does?

Got any current pics?

That would be an awesome project....

~James

No title, but it does have a VIN plate & I registered it once, but never even drove it out of the yard :roflmao:

In Georgia you don't need a title for vehicles 1985 or older, but if it's sold to someone in another state and their state requires one, then that state is bound by law to provide the buyer with a replacement title so long as the vehicle was registered to the seller in the state that doesn't require a title.

Clear as mud? :farmer:

Are you joking? If not, that's really strange. That's the same exact year & model bike that I traded for this thing-LOL :D

I'd be interested. Let's see some pics of it...

Interested in a Waggy? I have over 5K into but would love me a flattie! I'm close to you too. I have a title for it and if an even trade and your interested I'd like to look at it. :)

gfsj_avatar.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I shot you back an email. Let me do some work to it to make it more presentable and maybe if you're still interested we can strike a deal on it. My wife even said it "looks cool", which was a complete shock to me :roflmao:

Interested in a Waggy? I have over 5K into but would love me a flattie! I'm close to you too. I have a title for it and if an even trade and your interested I'd like to look at it. :)

I'd do that in a heart beat! Nice Wagon Dude!

Man If I only had the money and no bills! :cry:

Back