• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AUX fan not coming ON in a 91 XJ

b4wheelnxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok well i just bought this jeep about a month ago saw the aux had zip ties hold it in place didnt think about them breaking and the fan fallin to the motor we ll got a little messed up well i went and pulled the new clips from the junkyard and hooked it back up well i get nothing now so i went back to the bone yard and got a later model fan only one they had i have the newer one 10 blade in my 91 NO POWER to the fan at all were is the relay at and were should i start at need to get it working ac cant use and going wheeln in 2 weeks need the heat issue fix any takers

The relay(No. 1) and fuse(No. F4) are both in the PDC(power distribution center).

The PDC is just behind the battery.

b4wheelnxj said:
well i read that in this forum before and i turned on the ac and it didnt work tis the reason for the post thx tho i did check that

also if the A/C is not charged it will not click on..just throwing out info for ya :laugh3:

To test just the fan, you could try the following;

1. remove relay
2. confirm you have a good fuse, then power on contact 30 (PDC)
3. short contacts 30 and 87. Fan should turn on.

relay.jpg

Back