• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a helicopter visited us at school today...

rehab

NAXJA Forum User
i have no idea what they were doing but we went to lunch, and came out and poof theres the marines, once again, smack dab in the middle of campus. so i figured i would pull the camera out and snap some shots on my way to class
marineforceone002.jpg

marineforceone003.jpg

me
marineforceone005.jpg

the roomate
marineforceone006.jpg

marineforceone004.jpg

marineforceone007.jpg

The is Marine Corps 1, the Presidents bird! That is way cool. My daddy was a crew chief on it back in the day. I used to play in it all the time when I went to the hanger to see him for lunch. That was about 25 years ago!

shelbyluvv said:
The is Marine Corps 1, the Presidents bird! That is way cool. My daddy was a crew chief on it back in the day. I used to play in it all the time when I went to the hanger to see him for lunch. That was about 25 years ago!
x2 way cool

what school was this at?
:wierd:

shelbyluvv said:
The is Marine Corps 1, the Presidents bird!
Well, it's only Marine One IF the President is on board. Technically, any helo that he's on is considered Marine One. Same thing for planes.

That is a Sea King from HMX-1, however. Pretty cool to see it in person.

x2 on what type of school you go to.

-----Matt-----

Well, it is only Marine One when the Pres is on it, AND it is a Marine Corps Helicopter. :D

IXNAYXJ said:
Well, it's only Marine One IF the President is on board. Technically, any helo that he's on is considered Marine One. Same thing for planes.

That is a Sea King from HMX-1, however. Pretty cool to see it in person.

x2 on what type of school you go to.

-----Matt-----

We had a helicopter come to our school one time, some kid got so beat up he had to be air lifted out.

But way cool man!

Earlier this year, the President visited Colorado. They used two of those helos, one must have been a diversion and the other served as the official transport. I was on I-70 and saw them both circling and then landing on Table Mesa above the Coors Golden plant, the designated staging area.

Pretty cool sight.

Judging from the palm and live oak trees I think he's at The Citadel in Charleston, SC. It's like a military prep college. I remember all the cuttie pie southern belles trying to snag themselves a beau with some prospects.

Citadel is right. You can tell from this:

images

That, and the goober blue cadet garb and uber-threat bulldogs.

j/k :D I used to go to the Citadel to watch AAA ball. Nice ball field.

So, are there any babes at the Citadel? When I left SC that first chick that tried it had just bombed out.

yep, its the citadel in charleston. we have all sorts of marine corps helicopters visit us on campus but MF1 was the first i snaped a pic of.

quote from The Citadel's website:

"Marine Helicopter Squadron One, one of the presidential helicopters, landed on Summerall Field Thursday. It was in the area to support President Bush's visit this weekend to Kiawah Island. Col. Kevin Frederick, head of the campus Naval ROTC detachment, invited Marine One to campus for a two-hour static display . His colleague is the unit's commanding officer. The helicopter was piloted by a 1992 Citadel grad."

it used to be a government funded college now its just a state owned ROTC college and we still do all the military stuff anyway. idk, it kinda confussing if you have never heard of it. pretty much just like VMI but w/out the obligation to go into the army afterwards, but the college offers ROTC scholarships for army, navy, USMC and AF. thanks for all the relpys

Last edited:
XJ Dreamin' said:
So, are there any babes at the Citadel? When I left SC that first chick that tried it had just bombed out.

I left the "Low Country" at about the same time. I remember all the controversy she caused trying to get in the school and then she quit. I was reffering to the southern belles out in town. Lord knows they weren't paying much attention to us Navy enlisted boys.

babes? at the citadel? a military college? HA lol there are quite a few women, but if you would call them women that is up to you... the one girl you all are talking about was some girl, her name excapes me at the momment, but she started knob year in 96 and was an infirmary ranger the first week and then dipped out. she cause alot of negative press and it changed the way people looked at us. we all just try to forget it happened.

but downtown.... there are alot of "babes" as you put it.

Welcome to South Carolina! Give me a shout if you need a wheeling fix Uwharries is about the closest there is.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YOU'VE ALL BEEN VISITED BY 53GUY!!!! Damn dude, if I knew you went there, I'da stopped by and said hi. I was on that trip. Bad ass that you got those photos. Did you get any of the actual lift? That would be sweet ass if you did. I'm a crew chief on them at the moment.

53guy said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YOU'VE ALL BEEN VISITED BY 53GUY!!!! Damn dude, if I knew you went there, I'da stopped by and said hi. I was on that trip. Bad ass that you got those photos. Did you get any of the actual lift? That would be sweet ass if you did. I'm a crew chief on them at the moment.
no i didnt, i was on my way to class and i didnt have time to wait for take off.

Back