• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd mj swap to cherokee 4.0 swap (4wd)

Davidson6907

NAXJA Forum User
Okay ive totally swapped out the engine harness and in dash harness the 4.0 is a renix the aw4 and transfer case are out of a 92 all grounds are installed and have recently added a few more. When i click the key to the on position the fuel pump kicks in but when i go to start it the starter relay clicks but nothing . I have checked to see if the relay wires are hot from under the fuse box. The yellow wire running to the relay does come on when key is turned to start but nothing comes out of the brown wire to the starter. So ive checked all fuses checked relays even replaced them still nothing and looked at several diagrams and traced them back to the ecu and seem to function as supposed to. Clean the nss and ohmed it out its good. Now the other part ive go a remote switch and bypassed the key but its in the on position and i get a faint spark with from the cap to the plug but if ig to the wire to the plug there is no spark. If i go from the coil to the the dist. Cap its a red spark(replaced the coil,new cap,new rotor,new plugs) now my brain hurts and need help

I'd cruise over to commanceclub and ask there. A lot for MJ gurus over there.

Back