• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pictures of cps loc.

jimmyc75

NAXJA Forum User
question i am going to replace my cps tommorow and was wondering if anybody had any picture (not drawings) of where the cps is in the bell housing? also any pointers would be appriciated!!

87 jeep cherokee
4.0 auto

in case anyone is wondering why i have no spark and the coil and module are both good.

thanks

jimmyc75 said:
question i am going to replace my cps tommorow and was wondering if anybody had any picture (not drawings) of where the cps is in the bell housing? also any pointers would be appriciated!!

87 jeep cherokee
4.0 auto

in case anyone is wondering why i have no spark and the coil and module are both good.

thanks
It's on top drivers side and it's easily reachable with a lot of extensions and a swivel or two. You can find it by following hte wire from the top, get a general idea and than find it from the bottom. Oh yeah, don't drop those bolts inside.

Kejtar said:
It's on top drivers side and it's easily reachable with a lot of extensions and a swivel or two. You can find it by following hte wire from the top, get a general idea and than find it from the bottom. Oh yeah, don't drop those bolts inside.

I dropped one once...never did find it. I had to replace it.

Just imagine where your foot sits on the gas pedal....the CPS will be right on the other side of the firewall at your toes. Right where the engine and trans bolt together.

cps.jpg

It's at the top left - you're looking at it from the rear.

cps_2.jpg

The tranny was dropped a few inches for this photo

Or go here: http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/cps.html

I have replaced the cps bolts many of times and this is the best thing i can give is put some heavy greese or vasoline on the inside of the socket to hold the bolt in the socket while your lining it up this will keep it from dropping out

wilcharl said:
I have replaced the cps bolts many of times and this is the best thing i can give is put some heavy greese or vasoline on the inside of the socket to hold the bolt in the socket while your lining it up this will keep it from dropping out

I bought a sheet of Magnetic rubber and put a piece in every socket I own.

Back