• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1942 Willys MB

Xhavier_5478

NAXJA Forum User
It's finally happening, I am waiting on the delivery of my restored Willys MB from Michigan, I need some guidance from someone that is more skilled at tuning the L134 "Go Devil" engines, it will need to be adjusted for the altitude and the Valves were needing a tune up the last time I had talked to my grampa about it. It has a tow bar on it so I've already talked with some people of getting a classic jeep tour going possibly in August to run some dirt passes and mild trails.

Have a timing light? Advancing the timing, and leaning out the idle is about all you do, unless it has replaceable main jets. As for the valves, dothey just need the lash adjusted?

I do not have a timing light, but I can pick one up. As far as the valves, I was told that a couple of the exhaust valves were sticking, but it has been sitting in Michigan undriven since August of last year, so it could just stand to be gone through completely.

Well it finally made it out here, the process was long, but it was worth it. The truck couldn't make it right to my house so I had to meet him at an intersection, it only took the semi driver 30 minutes to get it off the truck and then I was able to drive it home. So when it was on the truck I noticed that the radiator was leaking coolant, turns out the hard line that is running from the top of the filler cap is broken off, so that will be the absolute first repair to it. After that I need to take a look at the bearings and brakes, but for right now, here are selection of photos of it.

14516172754_a416ef4af1_c.jpg

14516483522_c64996930b_c.jpg

14537698883_9cdc2ddd06_c.jpg

That thing is beautiful! If it was mine I would probably just sit there and stair at it.

Trust me I have.. I've been planning for this time for awhile, I'm in the process of getting it road worthy for registration and then drive able for the summer, maybe some mild wheeling once I get through going over the axles and TC.

But the big issue now is, since it was the last on my grandfather built, while on the verge of declining health, there are definitely some loose ends that need to be addressed.

First does anyone have a local CO Springs, or Denver parts source for Willy's parts, either NOS, used or reproduction? I have a list of things I need to get a hold of.

Is there anyone in Longmont that could perform a little recon for me? There is a gentleman on Craigslist that is advertising a field of Willy's vehicles, and claims there are only CJ models but in the first 2 pictures I believe I see at least 3 MB's, I just can't get up to actually look until this coming weekend, I was hoping someone in the area could go to where he is and check them out.

Probably old pics and the MB's are gone.......?

Back