• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suzuki Samurai

Elguapo

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, here's my overgrown atv. Bought it last year and I have made a few tweaks. Harley Davidson Carburator, steering components, ect. Thing started knocking on me so I pulled some rod bearings. No bueno, scorched crank shaft and metal shaving soup oil.
Finally feeling motivated to get her running again. I miss driving this thing around/ she's a real pleasure to toss around town.
Currently on 31s with springs over the axles. Rear axles upfront for longer wheel base and a gnarly offset on the rims for a wide stance. Lower geared t case and open diffs. 5 speed and super clean

20131214_103708.jpg

20131214_125426.jpg

20130902_124033.jpg

20131026_151856.jpg

20131026_151801.jpg

Going to Greeley this weekend to pick up a 1.6 8v motor from a suzuki sidekick. Almost 50% power increase. Lol
More to come

Last edited:
Awesome! I actually traded my Sami project (4link front and rear) for my Cherokee. We needed more space than what the sami had but I miss the little guy. Initially I had SOA with 31 TSLs. It would go anywhere. I wish I would have just done a YJ conversion and ran 35's on it before diving into the 4 links. 35s and a cut sami will go just about anywhere.

If you havent seen them, check out LowRangeOffroad. They are based in Utah and have a ton of Samurai parts. They also have really started manufacturing a ton of items in house for them.

I like that. Kinda confused about the Harley Carb since the OEM carb is awesome off-road.

The 1.6L will produce a good power increase over the 1.3L and is FI to boot.
I loved my Sami, but being a midrust truck, it wasn't worth putting much effort into. I did do the low T-Case gears, which affected both 2WD and 4WD, so it set it up for 235's. May not sound like much but a Sami on 235's with an SOA will go darn near anywhere. Can't image what one on 31's will do, let along 35's!

I love samis... that may be a future toy. and yeah, the 31's look huge. awesome LOL.

Update on the samurai. I didn't get to the 1.6 8v in time in Greeley.
My conversion kit came in. Adapter plate, motor mounts, and fuel pump.
Also ordered a built 1.6 8v from a trusted builder in Florida. Picked this particular paint combo.
This rig will be too nice to wheel. Lol/ put my deposit down today, expecting to have the motor done in 3-4 weeks to be shipped
IMG_1205.jpg

oh, that's some silly fun.

I passed a Nissan GT-R the highway this week -- those words seem like they should be in a different order :eyes:

Decided to start taking the old motor out. Drained oil, gas, coolant. Header, carb, hoses, electric connectors, battery, radiator.
Soo easy to work on, new motor should be done in a week or 2.
Just need to do clutch cable, trans bolts, engine mounts. Next weekend im yanking it
20140622_142847.jpg

Last edited:
Peace out. Now I'll have the flywheel resurfaced and paintthe intake manifold/ other accessories that will go back on.
20140625_160804.jpg

That's too pretty -- you should set a piece of glass on it and use it as a coffee table.

It's so cute! :loveu:

:laugh:

Lol. I was act u actually shopping for a utv and realized the benefits from a samurai.
Street legal, I can flat tow, good god cheaper.

And yes, the motor is retarded tiny :)

That was a hell of a day.
For how tiny it is it sure was a pain to line up to the trans. The conversion kit from low range is cheesy from a manufacturing standpoint. But it all went together.
My good buddy Nick putting the clutch on. It will run tomorrow. Then the chevy comes in the garage
20140718_104120.jpg

O its pretty
20140718_152213.jpg

Back